Status Of H & R and Eibach Springs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Of H & R and Eibach Springs!

I just called Eibach and H&R, regarding the lowering springs for the G6. The Eibach springs are still undergoing R & D, with no estimated date of availabilty. For H&R, the status is the same, but I was told to a call back in about 6 weeks. The tech guy checked the shipment list for incoming springs and the G6 application was not it. The H&R springs are made in Germany and then shipped to the States. So Boys and Girls, nothing has changed.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Crap! I want to get new wheels, but I want to do the springs and the wheels and tires at the same time.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Eibach are available!! I spoke with them today. H&R are still in development.
      -----------Front--------Rear
      Eibach----1.5----------1.7
      H&R ------1.5----------1.3
      Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Now all we need is part numbers and pricing? And the back is lowered more than the front?
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I think the H&R would look better on the coupes with the lower rear drop
          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
          ^ The Man
          v The Legend

Comment

i think to even the car out?

Comment

That's what I said about Eibach. I'm waiting on them to call back and explain that to me.
              Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

FWIW, the guys at the Redlineforums have been waiting for H&R springs for about a year and a half now.

They're still in R&D.
                2006 Saturn ION Redline...slightly modded.

Comment

i think that is just what they tell people when they have no intention of producing a product. how long does it take to make a damn spring?

Comment

I'd rather wait and try the H&R's over the Eibach!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

So would lowering our G6s help with handling? I don't know much about suspension. someone educate me.

jerrod
                      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                      Black/Black coupe

Comment

it should help some but at the price of a comfortable ride also.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

is that all the bouncing up and down i see in town from the honda boys?

jerrod
                          Black/Black coupe

Comment

well that is to the extreme, on the GM vehicles I've put lowering springs on it has never been that bad-just a rought ride. The dumbasses you see bouncing down the road usually just used some cheap ass coil overs or even coil overs by themselves or just heated the springs till they sagged a bit-you can never tell with those honda guys.

Comment

I also sometimes see wheels that look like they are bent out, is that something that happens when you lower a car like ours, or when people modify stock suspension units?

jerrod
                              Black/Black coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X