Spring Hill, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Hill, FL

I have started planning my move to FL and Spring Hill is one of the areas im looking at. Can anyone tell me about the area? I know where its at just looking to see if anyone has some inside news about the school system, population, environment, stuff like that...

My parents are moving to Bonita Springs and I would like to keep somewhat close but not that close, if you know that I mean
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
    2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
    Tsukuba Red

Re: Spring Hill, FL

It's a decent area. That's a little country and still somewhat close to the Gulf. I don't really know about the schools in the area. The housing area is pretty good I think. Good prices. Are you looking at any other areas?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I would love to be more south in Marco Island were our condo is but theirs no way in hell I can afford anything down there. I also really like Naples. I've been looking at houses and the prices look very competitive in Spring Hill. Being from the Midwest I really wouldn't mind a little country but still very close to the Gulf. And I am partial to the Gulf Coast towns
      Tsukuba Red

Comment

Well, unless you want to be in the Tampa Bay area or go further south towards Naples, Spring Hill is about the only thing. Everything else over there is redneck kinda country for the most part.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

MY grandma lives out their, its next to major roads, so you get to places easily and its developed pretty nicely. Only problem, I have seen every summer being down their is sink holes always pop up. But I like going there. Theres a sweet beach off of route 19 north called crystal beach. Real nice, dolphins always out in the area. I think you'll like it down their.

Comment

It is a huge retirement community, extremely overbuilt. There used to be water all over the place in the community, but with overbuilding and extreme water consumption, all the lakes and ponds dried up in the mid to late 90's, and dropped the underground aquafers to drought levels, and sinkholes are a huge problem. I do not think home insurance covers them, act of god. There is nothing north of it till you get to Ocala. Below Hernando County, you have Pasco County, which is kind of poor and very rednecky. I love Pinellas County/Tampa Bay. Tarpon Springs, the far northwest corner of Pinellas is really pretty near the beach and lakes. Naples and Marco Island are both BEAUTIFUL places, but are very expensive, unless you move inland, but then you border the Everglades. Another wonderful city is Sarasota, but again, very pricey.

You can also look at Manatee County, between Sarasota and mouth of Tampa Bay. Can get good buys there I believe in Bradenton, , just stay west of Rt 41!! Longboat Key is a wonderful place to launch a boat from!!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
              It is a huge retirement community, extremely overbuilt. There used to be water all over the place in the community, but with overbuilding and extreme water consumption, all the lakes and ponds dried up in the mid to late 90's, and dropped the underground aquafers to drought levels, and sinkholes are a huge problem. I do not think home insurance covers them, act of god. There is nothing north of it till you get to Ocala. Below Hernando County, you have Pasco County, which is kind of poor and very rednecky. I love Pinellas County/Tampa Bay. Tarpon Springs, the far northwest corner of Pinellas is really pretty near the beach and lakes. Naples and Marco Island are both BEAUTIFUL places, but are very expensive, unless you move inland, but then you border the Everglades. Another wonderful city is Sarasota, but again, very pricey.

You can also look at Manatee County, between Sarasota and mouth of Tampa Bay. Can get good buys there I believe in Bradenton, , just stay west of Rt 41!! Longboat Key is a wonderful place to launch a boat from!!
              Thanks! I'll check those areas out.
              Tsukuba Red

Comment

everything that has been said is almost water consumption and stuff like that isnt a problem anymore. the only thing i agree with is the longboat key part. you not going to find a home over there for under 1 mil though. everything is on the water and is a huge retiree comunity. my grandparents live there and it is an awesome area. Sarasota though whi8ch is the main city is crazy. try going little farther south than sarasota and your golden./
                28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

The homes i have been looking at are roughly 2400 sq ft ranches 150k in spring grove. They look very nice and i just want to make sure Spring grove isn't like leigh acres, which my realtor tells me to stay away from. The homes are very nice and also cheap but the area is run down?
                  Tsukuba Red

Comment

you should check out where i live the 321 Merritt island its near capecanaveral you know 321 lift off. The spacwe shuttle is here. an island fairly small maby 40000 peopl when i moved here we had maby 24000
                    28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

soooo what do you guys know about Ruskin, FL? i see its right off 41??

Looks like we will need to be around the tampa area roughly 30-40 mins just to be close to work
                      Tsukuba Red

Comment

I don;t know Ruskin.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

bummer
                          Tsukuba Red

Comment

SARASOTA im here right now. it has its ups and down here and there but its decent

Comment

Working...
                            X