Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Mounts

Does anyone know the setup on these cars as far as the motor mounts.....maybe we can get some inserts made.....?
    Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
    GT-R Exhaust System
    K&N Typhoon CAB
    EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
    EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

as far as I've seen there is a torque dampner under the airbox that acts like a hydrolic boom, other than that if you take off the driver tire there is a huge rubber mount from the tranny and engine that rests on the frame right behind the driver wheel. Not sure if they can make anything to replace those.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Interesting. I'll take a look under there next time I get a chance to throw her on the lift.
      GT-R Exhaust System
      K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

You can always fill them, but I like insterts better.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Over on the contour board, we simply filled them with polyurethane... easy and effective. But... nothing beats a pre formed insert.. adn since you have to remove the mount to fill them, it'd make more since to put the insert in there. Dmanit, who's the manufacturer of all those motor mount inserts.. Booger something or whatever. I neeed to send some emaisl out for these.

Edit:

Sent an email over to Prothane Corp

Sent an email to Energy Suspension

Energy has made some AWESOME parts for the Contour and Cougar and Focus in the past- and are a VERY flexible company and NICELY priced, too. Hopefully my past contacts with these gusy will have a nice impact on them making some stuff for us soon.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Complete replacements are always better than inserts.......and less of a hassle. But whatever we can get our hands on!!
            GT-R Exhaust System
            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Yeah.. but doing just inserts will be 10X cheaper and will be a sinch to change out on newer motor mounts than warn out ones like on an older car (I would think). Popping those rubber nasty's out just takes about the time to take down a 6 pack of ba..be... soda. :P

Comment

haha rubber nasties......I have a different visual than car parts for that terminology.
                GT-R Exhaust System
                K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

lmfao... mdmas why is it ALWAYS you that just brings a nice thread like this one to a screeching halt?
                  2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo
                    lmfao... mdmas why is it ALWAYS you that just brings a nice thread like this one to a screeching halt?
                    That is so funny
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

More so... makes you wonder what kind of work he does... late at night...

Hmm, he must have wireless internet out there on the street....

Comment

I'm 21, and I have a 35 yr old girl friend. all I have to say is WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! The Things I have been taught by the Milfs I've been with in the past two years.
                        GT-R Exhaust System
                        K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Comment

damn it, why don't all the pictures come up for me!!!!
                            GT-R Exhaust System
                            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

now there is one pic that is legit in not working

Comment

Working...
                              X