Insurance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance....

I have a question. Say you and a friend were to go in on a car together and get a joint title. The car is a project car and is not registered to drive on the road, only in lots etc... Now say the one of you or even a another person is helping you out and while working on or driving the car something happens, and one of you is injured. Who is liable?
    I tried to think of something witty, but stopped.

Re: Insurance....

Hopefully this is out of Paranoia(sp?)
    Is the car insured? I dont have my project cars insured..
    I would hope your friends or whoever was injured was not seriously hurt and would not hold anyone accountable..
    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
      Hopefully this is out of Paranoia(sp?)
      Is the car insured? I dont have my project cars insured..
      I would hope your friends or whoever was injured was not seriously hurt and would not hold anyone accountable..
      This is just a hypothetical. This isn't one of those this happend but I'll pretend it's my friend things. I am just curious about the scenario, who is at fault and who would owe.

Comment

That's something I'd call your insurance provider about.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
          I figured with enough motor-heads on here someone would have run into a problem like this.

Comment

Originally posted by thesandstereo
            Originally posted by mike91y2k
            I figured with enough motor-heads on here someone would have run into a problem like this.
            Yeah but remember stuff can vary between what policy you have, what is your provider, etc.

I'd play it safe.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

who owns the insurance? that person is liable for whatever as far as insurance goes on the car.....the person driving is resposible for the accident though

Comment

If the car has insurance then it's based off the insurance policy but I don't believe it covers someone working on the car only driving the car. If their is NO insurance on the car, it will depend on where and how the "accident" happened... as well as if the person has medical coverage...

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                  If the car has insurance then it's based off the insurance policy but I don't believe it covers someone working on the car only driving the car. If their is NO insurance on the car, it will depend on where and how the "accident" happened... as well as if the person has medical coverage...
                  That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know its a grey area. Driving the car is normally the responsibility the the person(s) who the title belongs. I just need to know if say Joe Doe and John Doe own a car and their friend Jimmy Slim installs a part and injures himself, is it the owners fault or the property to which the car is on, or the fault of the installer. By fault I mean financial liability.

Comment

It is a giant gray area to trick people....

Simple solution... don't get hurt!

Comment

From the way I read it, your homeowners insurance policy would cover a bodily injury that occured on your property while installing a part on the car, parked on your property

Comment

Working...
                      X