XM Subscription Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Subscription Deal

Well my 3 month free subscription expired the beginning of this month. I read about a newer ZWinBack deal on FatWallet forums - 77 bucks for a year. I guess the way it works is they send you a postcard that says you're eligible and you call in and give them the code. Even if you don't have the code you can still get in if you try. It worked for me last year at $60 for 1 year and this time for $77. Last year I had a Roady and had to get a little huffy and tell them I wanted to speak to their supervisor then they gave in. This year it was a piece of cake though. Check out this thread for a little more detail and other people's success stories or lack thereof. I threw a post there too.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/message ... est=1#last
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

yeup, i got this deal too, i got it off slickdeals though, but it worked like a charm!

Comment

Mine has been well over 3 months and it's still going, hopefully they send me something like that in the mail which I can cash in on. I just hope I can keep it for as long as I can *crosses fingers*

Comment

How does XM know when your 3 free months start?? Is it like the first time you turn it on or something?? I'm confused

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
          How does XM know when your 3 free months start?? Is it like the first time you turn it on or something?? I'm confused
          whenever the service was activated.

Comment

how was it activated?

Comment

Yeah I was wondering that too. I got mail from XM saying my service would end July 2, and I bought my car March 31, so it worked out right.
              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

i think the dealership usually activates when they prep the car for sale, but it may depend from one dealership to the next. some may not bother with it, some may do it as part of receiving the car (to make sure On* and XM and everything works properly)

so how exactly do you get one of the post cards with the code on it?

Comment

There are 2 ways to activate XM. One is to use their web site, which I find to not be very user friendly. The 2nd is to call them, which costs more to activate. You need to have your radio code in hand to activate. Tune to chanel zero I think. I was using XM before I bought my G6.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Well.. I just turned on my radio and the XM was working.. so I would guess that they did something at the dealership?? i dunno.

but i did go to the site(and I agree that it is far from user friendly) and tried to get it set up to keep the membership going(it was like free activation or something for doing it online or subscribing before your free trial was up?) But I submitted my information to keep it going.. I didn't receive any e-mail or regular mail stating that they received my info.. so i guess its all up in the air. If i come across a problem i guess im going to just have to call them..

Comment

Well.. I just turned on my radio and the XM was working.. so I would guess that they did something at the dealership?? i dunno.

but i did go to the site(and I agree that it is far from user friendly) and tried to get it set up to keep the membership going(it was like free activation or something for doing it online or subscribing before your free trial was up?) But I submitted my information to keep it going.. I didn't receive any e-mail or regular mail stating that they received my info.. so i guess its all up in the air. If i come across a problem i guess im going to just have to call them..
                      So now I have to post in the XM thread, our favorite stations.

Edited for content.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I have already done that!

Comment

Yeah the dealer sends the info in when you get your car.

Comment

ok.. thats just the answer i was looking for! so that means my free trial is up august 12th!! i hope they got my information.. cuz i think i sent them my credit card info on their website.. I find it odd that i didnt hear anything back from them

Comment

I'd just milk it and see if you get lucky. My free 3 months is going on 5 months now. Course now that I said that it'll end tomarrow

Comment

Working...
                              X