Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New G6 V6 sedan, gas gauge doesnt work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G6 V6 sedan, gas gauge doesnt work...

Hey everyone, this is my first post and id just like to share my experience so far.

I am normally a big mustang fan, but it was time to get my wife a new car and she has always wanted a G6. I am home on leave from Afghanistan for 2 weeks and i decided to suprise her and told her we were going to get a new car and ended up with the V6 sedaan. It is a great car so far, other than leaving us stranded on the side of the road for an hour or so. We got it 1 week ago today and took it on a road trip this weekend and it is a great car, and the base v6 has some nice get up compared to her old car (99 eclipse).
    Its got about 1100 miles on it and we were coming home today and all the sudden it felt like it ran out of gas even though the gauge showed it had a hair over 1/4 of a tank. We called roadside assistance and had it towed to the dealership and i was pretty upset that i had to waste a day of my leave at the dealership because i thought we had a huge problem. I cant believe it was just because the gas gauge didnt work right haha! They put a couple gallons in the tank and it started right up. What a relief. So my wife has an appointment to get the gauge looked at on monday, after i leave to head back overseas.

Here is a quick picture of it from the dealership, it was pouring rain the day we got it.

So, has anyone else heard of the gas gauge just stop working like that? I know it worked before because i let it go down past a 1/4 tank before. I am just lucky it didnt do it on our road trip this weekend.

ive had my cluster replaced 3 times for tach not working..so could be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by CTKT07
      I am home on leave from Afghanistan for 2 weeks and i decided to suprise her and told her we were going to get a new car and ended up with the V6 coupe.

Wow, this is the first I've seen of the 4 door coupe!
      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
        Wow, this is the first I've seen of the 4 door coupe!
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

haha excuse my typo, i was in a rush while typing....
          i wish i would of gotten the coupe though

Comment

Actually, it is somewhat legit to call the G6 sedan a 4-door coupe, much like the CLS. The G6 does have a coupe-like roofline compared to the Malibu.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yeah but not compared to the G6 coupe roofline.

Comment

Fuel sending units have not changed much over the years. Given that IBM states that the best quality is 99.7%, 3 out of every 1k cars will have some defect. Given GM's quality, I assume that number is much lower.
                Easy fix though.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                  Actually, it is somewhat legit to call the G6 sedan a 4-door coupe, much like the CLS. The G6 does have a coupe-like roofline compared to the Malibu.
                  Ummm... Not to be argumentative, but the roofline has nothing to do with it. Aside from Pontiac naming one the coupe and one the sedan (no offense to your convertables out there ), there's always this from dictionary.com... And I'm pretty sure we can disregard the first entry:

cou·pé
                  n.
                  1. A closed four-wheel carriage with two seats inside and one outside.
                  2. also coupe (kp) A closed two-door automobile.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCryptic

cou·pé
                    n.
                    Damn... mine has FOUR seats inside... and they forgot my outside one COMPLETELY... lazy pontiac bastards

Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                      the CLS is by far one of the nicest looking 4 door cars ever!!!

CLS 55 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        Originally posted by TheCryptic

cou·pé
                        n.
                        Damn... mine has FOUR seats inside... and they forgot my outside one COMPLETELY... lazy pontiac bastards

Yeah, where's my side-car?

Comment

Originally posted by noRulez
                          Yeah, where's my side-car?
                          Why is everyone looking for a sidecar? I was really hoping for a rumble seat.

Comment

Working...
                          X