Bent Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Rim

While I was out on a road trip I walked out and found the lip on one of my rims is bent. It hasn't affected the handling or anything, but I was wondering if this could be fixed or if I needed to replace the whole wheel. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Mods:
    CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
    more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Re: Bent Rim

I never heard of it being fixed I'm pretty sure you have to replace wheel
    87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
    90 Eagle Talon TSI
    09 G6 Progression(New Car)
    My Progression

Comment

got any pictures? depending how bad it is it may be fixable or it may be cheaper to get a rim

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Can Heat&Beat

but it will probably end up uglier, I have only done that for steelies, and only because they were affecting ride.

so yeah, replace it if it really bothers you
        2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
        2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
        1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

I've replaced two from that so far
          2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
          Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

These are some pics I just took

Mods:
              CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:

Comment

You're better off replacing! I've bent the lips before on those cladded chrome rims before but whenever they got that bent the rim got replaced.

Comment

OUCH

thats a rim

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yea I'd say thats toast

check ebay

My progression thread
                    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

i would say it can be fixed but it wouldnt be safe. go with what every one else is saying get a new one. is it under any kind of warranty???
                      28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

Ouch, I guess I should start looking at getting a replacement. Now the question is do I just replace the one or wait a bit and just get all new rims?
                        From what I understand the rims aren't covered under the warranty, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
                        Mods:

Upcoming Mods:

Comment

that sounds like a personal problem

Comment

Could claim it on insurance and just buy all new rims.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                            Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Yep, with everyone, replace it.

That's actually pretty bad, considering right off the bat you can see it. I had one back then that was less bent, and they already told me it was beyond repair.
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!
                              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X