Streak from windshield wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streak from windshield wiper

I have a spot where the driver side wiper leaves a streak its there all the time what can i put on to make it go away.
    Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Re: Streak from windshield wiper

wash the window and replace the blade?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshiel ... ginal.aspx

My progression thread
      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Change blades.
        Or Rain X, FTW!

It runs right through your sweet spot in the middle, doesn't it?
        I knew it!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Mine did that too, so I replaced the blades with the Rain-X Latitude blades. Seriously some of the best money I've spent! Clean it well, add two coats of rain-x then the new wiper blades = like watching a blu-ray movie for the first time each swipe!

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
          Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

they have aftermarket blades now??? I thought you could only get the proper blades through the dealership
            done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
            to do (soon): window tint
            to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
            need: g6performance.com decals
            cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

yup, can get either the rain-x latitude
              http://www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Bla ... itude.aspx
              or the bosch icon
              http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon

My progression thread
              Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
              Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
              In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
              Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
              Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

or clean your blade

Comment

Originally posted by datexasdude
                  they have aftermarket blades now??? I thought you could only get the proper blades through the dealership
                  Yep, I picked up the Rain-X latitude blades for 16 each from the dealer with a 10 dollar rebate.. >.<

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.

Comment

Good to know. When I got my G6 the dealer agreed to replace the windshield because there were permanent streaks (possibly scratches) where the wipers were. Definitely going to have to get the rain-x I think to keep that from happening again.

Especially considering the dealer wants to charge $30 each for the GM ones.

Comment

I have the Bosch now, had the Rain-X. They both work great, till I hit 70mph, then they both skipped/streaked right in my LOS!! And I'm rarely below 70mph!!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                        I have the Bosch now, had the Rain-X. They both work great, till I hit 70mph, then they both skipped/streaked right in my LOS!! And I'm rarely below 70mph!!
                        personally i think anything over 45mph all you need is a layer of wax or rain-x or aquapel

screw wipers, they make it clean for .1 second and then you need them again

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                          Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                          personally i think anything over 45mph all you need is a layer of wax or rain-x or aquapel

screw wipers, they make it clean for .1 second and then you need them again
                          Isn't Rain-X basically liquid wax? Need to wait for it to dry to a slight haze then remove, just like wax.. :P

Comment

I have the Rain-X Latitude blades as well. Mine are over 1.5 years old.. they have small rips/bumps in them that keeps streaking.. THey're amazing wipers.

I need to replace those soons... I also need new tires soon cause my Eagle F-1's are only 30,000mi and I have around 25,000 on them now.. I'm trying to hold out on both till I get a GTO
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I complained about the exact problem last year
                              viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19801
                              There does not seem to be any permanent solution, but I found using a windshield cleaner called "No Touch Auto Glass Stripper" which is available in Walmart and most auto stores for about seven dollars. After you clean the windshield, apply a couple of coats of RainX and that will stop the problem for a couple of months. I have tried new wipers but the problem returns.

Comment

Working...
                              X