plastic rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic rivets

if anyone has taken out their head light, there are plastic rivets that hold it in place on the bumper. They are one use rivets and break when you take them off..... sooooooooooooooo with that being said, does anyone know where to get a bag of the plastic rivets??? I already have the gun, but they do not sell the rivets...

Re: plastic rivets

Yeah I found a place that had I think 15 for 10 shipped. I'll get the link.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

rivets? they shouldnt be rivets. at least none i have seen are

they have middle piece that should be raised up with a screwdriver and then rest pulls out. if you happen to have rivets, i would not invest in them again. go to auto parts store and buy the push pins things that i just described, they are cheap

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33

they have middle piece that should be raised up with a screwdriver and then rest pulls out. if you happen to have rivets, i would not invest in them again. go to auto parts store and buy the push pins things that i just described, they are cheap
        Wait auto stores have them?

Comment

You mean the one that holds the front bumper cover? Last time I lost mine and it was 5 bucks at my dealer.

Yeah I know it's a rip-off but I really only needed one and didn't feel like ordering a big pack...
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

it's $11 shipped for 15 of them

link: http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM_...h_p/a20632.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
              Originally posted by bluegtp33

Wait auto stores have them?

mine have them...napa and advanced auto

and the link is what the bumper is held with...or should be. so they should not break

Comment

i have bought replacements for both kinds of retainer clips at LOWE'S.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

my car has them, so... shrug I dont know why yours didnt. either way they hold the bumper well....I was told that the "newer" cars use these rivets....someone told me who works at a shop. either way, if you are taking out the headlights and what not you kind of nee spares of these so u can put it back.

thanks for all your help guys...

Comment

Working...
                  X