60K Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60K Maintenance

Hey guys, I just hit 60K on my 06 G6 GTP 3.9. What would be some good things to check up on? Recently I have changed my brakes, oil and rotated the tires. Thanks in advance.
    QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp
    Possible Mods: Lowering Kit - Full Crab Intake

Re: 60K Maintenance

might wanna get the alignment checked if you havent recently(most places check it for free)
    check out the tranny fluid as well flush if its getting dirty also a fuel/unpper engine cleaner doesnt hurt

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I'm gonna hit 53,000 today getting close to 60,000
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Yeah I try not to drive my car as much as possible, just to keep it in good condition. Cant wait to start driving the scooter haha!
        QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp

Comment

man....good question...im over 60,000 and i know i need an alignment. guess it is time to take it in and spend the cash

Comment

Hey erik have you experienced any power loss. Ive been kinda worried because my car seems like its losing power. I have about the same milage as you do and it just doesnt seem to move like it used to. I just wonder if it has something to do with the tune I have...
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2665190"

Performance mods...
            Tuned by SB Tuning (93 octane tune)... Ported throttle body by SB Tuning... CAI for the G6 from Ebay... Custom exhaust and Dyna Max mufflers... Stock Wheel with 225 45 18 Good Year RSA's Repainted Gunmetal Grey... Now Upper and lower 10,000k HID's... NRG Engine damper Installed... Cquence Drilled/Slotted rotors... Racing Line MMI's

Comment

Originally posted by lightningblue
              Hey erik have you experienced any power loss. Ive been kinda worried because my car seems like its losing power. I have about the same milage as you do and it just doesnt seem to move like it used to. I just wonder if it has something to do with the tune I have...

mine hasnt and im well over 60000 with same engine and tune

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                Originally posted by lightningblue

mine hasnt and im well over 60000 with same engine and tune
                Do you think its because it got a lot warmer here. Maybe I juat got used to the car running better because it was cold outside... I dont know maybe I just need a tune up???
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2665190"

Performance mods...
                Tuned by SB Tuning (93 octane tune)... Ported throttle body by SB Tuning... CAI for the G6 from Ebay... Custom exhaust and Dyna Max mufflers... Stock Wheel with 225 45 18 Good Year RSA's Repainted Gunmetal Grey... Now Upper and lower 10,000k HID's... NRG Engine damper Installed... Cquence Drilled/Slotted rotors... Racing Line MMI's

Comment

damn i have 12k on mine.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                    damn i have 12k on mine.
                    lucky bastard, i have like 64,000 or 65,000 miles on mine, noticed a couple of things when i was under it, that i need to keep an eye on. but thats it, everything is running good still.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

65K and no problems.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

very minor problems, 1 caused by a K&N filter and the other was a faulty thermostat valve, other then that its been clear sailing. going to have to do brakes all around soon.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

The only problems I have had since I bought the car is 1. a CD Changer Error which ive had for the past year because I dont want to spend 700 to get a new one installed. 2. The car shakes sometime when going at high speeds or when breaking. Ended up having to get a tired rod replace, but its starting to do it again after about 1 year. And 3. a bad battery. Other than that no problems at all. I love this car other than those stinken problems.
                          QuickG6Guy

Comment

I'm at 69k. Everything seems to be just peachy, other that cosmetic issues.

I am changing the tranny fluid and filter in the near future though.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                            Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                            Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Wow, I guess I got the crap end of the deal over here. Mine's at 66K and I've had to get the belt tensoner and passenger side control arm replaced, along with the battery, breaks and oil changes.

Recently my fuel millage has dropped down to around 280 miles per tank and I'm not sure why. My buddy told me to check the spark plugs and wires. I've already cleaned my k and n air filter, and air pressure and allignment is fine.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X