This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta peeps! Question!

I need to know how hard it is to find an apartment in Alberta. I'm specifically looking at Calgary / Edmonton for a future place to live.

I understand that it's incredibly easy to find a job in Alberta right now, and the pay tends to be higher than anywhere else in the country. I'm seriously considering pulling up stakes and heading out that way.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Re: Alberta peeps! Question!

Originally posted by TLS2000
    I understand that it's incredibly easy to find a job in Alberta right now, and the pay tends to be higher than anywhere else in the country.
    The pay is a lot higher, but so is the cost of living. Its hard to compare pay from place to place, because over there a house costs 450k.
    Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoma_2
      I understand that it's incredibly easy to find a job in Alberta right now, and the pay tends to be higher than anywhere else in the country.
      The pay is a lot higher, but so is the cost of living. Its hard to compare pay from place to place, because over there a house costs 450k.
      Ever been to Toronto? Houses here are staring at 350k, so I'm not all that concerned about costs of living. I have an uncle that I may be able to stay with if I decide to go to Calgary, so that should ease my costs of living.

Ideally, I'm looking for something in the $16-20/hr range in either a warehouse or factory. I know that I could not handle working in the oil sands.

The main reason I'm thinking of moving that way is so that I can get a fresh perspective on my life. I don't know yet, it's just something that I'm toying with.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Alberta ftw!

Finding places is pretty easy, but depends what side of Calgary would would look into. Some are pretty expensive but to be fair they are nice looking. I went to school up there and had no problems at all finding a place.

Comment

I need to know how hard it is to find an apartment in Alberta. I'm specifically looking at Calgary / Edmonton for a future place to live.

I understand that it's incredibly easy to find a job in Alberta right now, and the pay tends to be higher than anywhere else in the country. I'm seriously considering pulling up stakes and heading out that way.
          The wages are definitely high, especially for the trades. I'm a welder, and the Journeyman rate has increased by $7 dollars just in the last few years. There is a huge shortage of skilled labour right now. My company is flying welders in from Romania on six month visa's. Job's are plentiful, especially in the service industry. The real estate market is huge right now...so if your looking to buy , expect to pay alot. Homes are gaining value at an insane rate. If you're looking to rent , I would start looking at least a month in advance. Most places have waiting lists though.

If you're looking to make good money , Alberta is the place to be right now. IT would be smart to get in on the boom soon though. What goes up must come down.
          2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

My co-worker said the beer there so mad cheap compare to toronto!!

Toronto is just too flipping expensive to live the houses and some condos are not even worth that much money anyways and as for wages here is medicore!! But I heard on the business report they are saying that interest rates are going up again in the US so that would effect housing prices don't know if it will affect here as well.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Alberta kicks ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Alberta kicks ass!
                Yes.....save some tax money as well !!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I'm still considering it. I'd like to get into the trades, but I need someone that will take me on as an apprentice first.

sigpic

Comment

<Insert Star Wars comment here>

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X