This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Definitive Recall List

Here we have it folks the recall list to shame all recall lists if theres been a recall out for our cars it is on this list. i will start by listing the recalls by year and after going through all years i will have a better discription of the problem the recall casues. Also some recalls have experation dates and have expired. that means that although it was a recall it no longer is for one reason or another. I will list these and just put expired next to them. since there are no discriptions left about them none will be provided. NOTE: just because there is a recall in the year of your car that does not mean that your car is affected by the recall. to determine if your car has a recall on it please call your local GM dealer and have your Vehicle Identification Number(VIN) ready.

04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion
    05005 -- Rear Seat Child Restraint Anchorage Owner Manual Update
    05036 -- Rear Seat Child Restraint Anchorage Owner Manual Update (EXPIRED 3/31/06)
    05539A -- PCM INTEGRATED CIRCUIT CHIP DAMAGE - REPLACE PCM
    05548B -- Engine Harmonic Balancer Not Seated (EXPIRED 8/31/06)
    08317 -- Brake Lamps Not Working Properly

05083 -- ONSTAR® SYSTEM INOPERATIVE (EXPIRED12/31/06)
    05094A -- SUN VISOR MIRROR COVER NONFUNCTIONAL/BREAKAGE (EXPIRED12/31/06)
    05548B -- Engine Harmonic Balancer Not Seated (EXPIRED 8/31/06)
    05539A -- PCM INTEGRATED CIRCUIT CHIP DAMAGE - REPLACE PCM
    06053 -- Rear Window Wind Noise/Water Leak (EXPIRED 7/31/07)
    06102B - Aftermarket Leather Seat Cover Kits
    07015B -- Potential Interior Water Leak - Inspect Sunroof Drain Hose (EXPIRED 2/29/0
    07131 -- Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles -- On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Improvements - Reprogram Powertrain Control Module - Expires with 8 year/80,000 mile (130,000 km) Emission Controller Warranty Period
    08317 -- Brake Lamps Not Working Properly

06143 -- Airbag System - Passenger Sensing
    06208-- Product Safety - Airbag System-Passenger Sensing (Canada Only)
    07015B -- Potential Interior Water Leak - Inspect Sunroof Drain Hose (EXPIRED 2/29/0
    07131 -- Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles -- On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Improvements - Reprogram Powertrain Control Module - Expires with 8 year/80,000 mile (130,000 km) Emission Controller Warranty Period
    07304 -- Trunk Lid May Be Heavy to Lift and Will Not Stay Open (EXPIRED 12/31/0

07218A -- Exhaust System Rattle - Replace Exhaust Hangers (EXPIRES 5/31/09)
    07304 -- Trunk Lid May Be Heavy to Lift and Will Not Stay Open (EXPIRED 12/31/0
    08200 -- Engine Oil Pan Drain Plug Thread Insert Loose or Damaged - Inspect/Install New Insert (EXPIRES 6/30/09)

09041 -- Shift Lever Indicator May Not Display Correct Gear

************************************************** ******************************

Certain 2005 model year Pontiac G6 vehicles may have a condition where, under certain conditions, water may seep into the driver’s door latch assembly. If this were to happen, it could cause the doors to unlock without the driver’s input and/or the content theft feature to be deactivated. In addition, if the vehicle speed is less than 5 km/h (3 mph) or if the vehicle is parked, the trunk release may activate unexpectedly.

General Motors has decided that certain 2005 Pontiac G6 vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 225 requirements for child restraint lower anchorage location and owner manual information for the rear center seat. Without additional owner manual information, an owner may encounter difficulty in installing child restraints with rigid attachments in the center position.

If difficulty is encountered when trying to secure a child restraint in the rear center seating position, the restraint should be moved to either outboard seating positions.

05539A
    General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Recall involving certain 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, Uplander, Equinox, Classic, Silverado; GMC Sierra; Pontiac Sunfire, Grand Am, G6. Grand Prix, Montana SV6; Buick LaCrosse/Allure, Terraza; Saturn Relay; and 2006 Pontiac G6 model vehicles. The Powertrain/Engine Control Module (PCM/ECM) in these vehicles may have been manufactured with damaged internal IC chips, which may affect the Fuel Pump Control and EGR outputs of the PCM; or the Fuel Pump Control and Variable Nozzle Turbo Control (VNTC) outputs of the Diesel ECM. Customers may experience illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) or driveability complaints.

06102B
    General Motors has decided that a defect that relates to motor vehicle safety exists in aftermarket front passenger leather cover kits that were installed at its request on certain vehicles with the Passenger Sensing System. Recently, testing on these seat covers indicated that they can cause the Passenger Sensing system to malfunction. If the Passenger Sensing System malfunctions, the front airbag on the passenger side may be disabled when it should be enabled, or enabled when it should be disabled. In either case, in the event of a crash that requires airbag deployment, a front passenger’s level of injury may be increased.

The airbag status indicator displays the status of the airbag. Whenever the front passenger seat is occupied, the driver should always check the airbag indicator to see if the airbag is on or off as explained in the owner manual. If it is not correct for the situation, the passenger should be moved to a different seat.

General Motors has decided that certain 2007 Pontiac G6 vehicles in the U.S. fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 208, Occupant Crash Protection. The right front passenger seats in these vehicles are built with a passenger sensing system. When tested with a representative, unrestrained six year old child, the system is required to turn the right front passenger’s frontal airbag off. Interference when the system was calibrated can cause it to fail this test. In the event of a crash, the frontal airbag could deploy and the child could be killed or seriously injured by the airbag.

The owner manual explains how to use the passenger sensing system. The airbag status indicator displays the status of the airbag. Whenever the front passenger seat is occupied, the driver should always check the airbag indicator to see if the airbag is on or off. If it is not correct for the situation, the passenger should be moved to a different seat. A child restraint installed properly in the back seat is the safest place for children.

General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2007 Pontiac G6 vehicles in Canada. The right front passenger seats in these vehicles are built with a passenger sensing system. When tested with a representative, unrestrained six year old child, the system is designed to turn the right front passenger’s frontal airbag off. Interference when the system was calibrated can cause it to fail this test. In the event of a crash, the frontal airbag could deploy and the child could be killed or seriously injured by the airbag.

The owner manual explains how to use the passenger sensing system. The airbag status indicator displays the status of the airbag. Whenever the front passenger seat is occupied, the driver should always check the airbag indicator to see if the airbag is on or off. If it is not correct for the situation, the passenger should be moved to a different seat. A child restraint installed properly in the back seat is the safest place for children.

This bulletin provides a service procedure to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) calibration on certain 2006-07 Pontiac G6 vehicles, equipped with 2.4L 4-cylinder (RPO LE5 - VIN B) engines; and certain 2007 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles, equipped with 2.2L 4-cylinder (RPO L61 - VIN F) engines. The revised calibration includes OBD system improvements that affect the fuel level sender diagnostics and should be installed as soon as practical. To verify if an updated calibration is required, refer to the following procedure in this bulletin.

This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for reason during the New Vehicle 8 year / 80,000 mile (130,000 km) Emission Controller warranty period.

07218A
    On certain 2008 Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura vehicles, a hanger used to secure the exhaust system to the underbody of the vehicle may separate. If the hanger separates, the driver would hear a rattle or clunking noise when driving over rough roads.

On certain 2007-2008 model year Pontiac G6 convertible vehicles, the struts that lift and hold the trunk lid open may have a manufacturing imperfection on the rod, which could result in a leak. As the pressurized air leaks out of the strut, the trunk lid will become heavy to lift and will require support to stay open.

Certain 2008 model year Chevrolet Cobalt, Cobalt SS, HHR, HHR SS, Malibu, Malibu Hybrid; Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice, Solstice GXP; Saturn Aura, Aura Hybrid, SKY, SKY Redline, VUE and VUE Hybrid vehicles, equipped with a 2.0L or 2.4L 4-Cylinder (RPO LNF, LAT, LE5 - VIN X, 5, B) engine, may have an undersize engine oil pan drain plug thread insert that will be installed too far into the oil pan hole, or will come out with the drain plug when it is removed. This condition could result in poor or no retention of the drain plug when it is reinstalled in the course of an engine oil change.

Important: This program will expire on June 30, 2009 because these vehicles should have had the first oil change by that time.

General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2005-2006 model year Pontiac G6 vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition where the brake lamps may not operate properly because of fretting corrosion in a wiring connector. Fretting corrosion in the connector could cause the brake lamps to illuminate when the brake pedal has not been depressed, or the lamps may not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed. In addition, the cruise control may not engage, or greater brake pedal force may be required to shift the vehicle out of PARK. Brake lamps that are not operating properly may not warn a driver in a following vehicle of the braking status and could lead to a crash without prior warning.

General Motors has decided that certain 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu, Traverse; GMC Acadia; Pontiac G5, G6; and Saturn AURA and OUTLOOK vehicles fail to conform to Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 102 , "Transmission Shift Position Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect", and Standard 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention". On some of these vehicles, the transmission shift cable adjustment clip may not be fully engaged. If the clip is not fully engaged, the shift lever and the actual position of the transmission gear may not match. With this condition, the driver could move the shifter to PARK and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in PARK. The driver may not be able to restart the vehicle and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: The Definitive Recall List

man that's some good info! I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow. some of that stuff maybe the root of an engine idle/vibration problem my car has.

My other car is a truck

Comment

06102B - Aftermarket Leather Seat Cover Kits
      at first i was like WTF? when i read this one. but the description fixed it up.
      im surprised the pano was included in any recalls?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I had the bad brake lights. Found out when I got pulled over on a trip...
        End Communication...

Comment

holy crap! thats alot of stuff...

i had the passenger airbag sensing problem...
          i-shaft replaced
          i hope my sunroof doesnt leak while i got my 6 though

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
          PSN: racin247
          Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Originally posted by nadical
            I had the bad brake lights. Found out when I got pulled over on a trip...
            I had to quote myself now because the problem just came back. When I first had the problem, there wasn't a recall. This time there is a recall. Recall or not, my waranty expired last month. Thankfully, that problem had a 12 month, 12k warranty from September 8th 2008, which would expire in two weeks. Thank god that it didn't happen after then...
            End Communication...

Comment

I've always wondered that the noise coming from what sounded like inside the actual engine was.. It seems to match the 05548B -- Engine Harmonic Balancer Not Seated... wonder if theres any hope that they'll still fix is seeing as how its from 2006?

Comment

My rear main seal is leaking, I only have 24k and its losing a good amount.

Comment

Originally posted by g6gt2009 View Post
                  My rear main seal is leaking, I only have 24k and its losing a good amount.
                  umm..ok?
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I was looking for opinions on what I should do, any suggestions smarty pants? My car is still under warranty and was wondering if there was anything specific I should do to solve my problem.
                    Last edited by g6gt2009; 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

take it in for repair

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by g6gt2009 View Post
                        I was looking for opinions on what I should do, any suggestions smarty pants? My car is still under warranty and was wondering if there was anything specific I should do to solve my problem.
                        For future reference, you should create a new thread, don't piggyback on an existing thread if what you are posting isn't relevant to the existing topic - and your rear seal leaking isn't related to safety recalls.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                        X