Manumatic shifter addition to a base G6-V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manumatic shifter addition to a base G6-V6

wondering if the manumatic shifter from a GT will fit a G6 V6 and function properly.

Any opinions?

LB
    How do I set a laser printer to stun?

I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that it wasn't possible.

I think that a coupe of things stood in the way, one is that the tranny doesn't have the programming for tapshift or whatever it is that they call it. The second was that the tranny doesn't have the hardware to allow you to just switch the shifter.

e2helper, can you shed some light on this one?

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      e2helper, can you shed some light on this one?
      lol that is excatly what i thought when i first read it too.

Comment

The service department said they might be able to reprogram the computer but was not sure.

Comment

Hmm. You are correct that the PCM for V6 has different calibration than the one for GT. If you were to just put the GT calibration in the V6 then you would have transmission problems because axle ratio is different - I don't know how it would manifest itself though.

I know that both shifter and shift cable would have to change and the BCM would have to have a slight configuration change to enable "Tap Up/Down" mode. I forget if all the wiring is in harnesses, there are a few extra wires for this function.

But biggest problem as mentioned first is calibration in PCM to support function.

Comment

I can program the ECM to support it no problem, I'll just make you a custom cal. If the TUTD controls are simply 100% ECM based it wont be a problem I believe you can still option out a BCM after they have been programmed and locked so adding that and the appropriate wiring is all you'd have to do
            Chris White
            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Yes that BCM change is a simple configuration option bit in one of the DIDs and not in one of the secured areas. If you didn't make that change then the PCM would set a fault code and likely drop out of Tap Up/Down mode because BCM provides an enable signal when shifter is in TU/TD gate (micro switch in shifter)

Comment

e2 helper what do you do man cuz you are a g6 genious.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

You should be able to guess

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
                    You should be able to guess
                    The cheif design for the g6. I knew it. You built her. lol. So you work in service. I told the dealer about the programing of the radio and gave himall the info. When I picked up my car he was like well the issue was in the programing. I was like WTF I told you that. Cool stuff. I will probably be sending you another pmone of these days. I seem to always break shit.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

So, the general consensus is that it is possible ? Some wiring and computer programming needed along with actual shifter and possibly some linkage...correct?

Comment

I think the general consensus is that it may be possible, but not really worth the expense of doing it.

If you wanted the tap-shift, why didn't you get it?

One other thing, just a suggestion, but you know how your gear selector has P,R,N,D,3,2,1 on it right now? Manually selecting the gears that way does the same thing.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Do any of the other auto models actually have a low gear selection? Mine only has a spot for 2nd/1st. That maybe a base model thing, though...
                          2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

are you saying that 1st and 2nd share a spot or you only have spots for 1st and 2nd but not 3rd? i have seen a lot of cars where 1st and 2nd share the same spot.

Comment

PRND3L on mine.

I think it's PRND321 on Malibus.
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!
                              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X