Lease mods... what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease mods... what do you think?

I have my car for the next four years... and I cant just be stock! I am thinking about the Painted grille and "lower front grilles". I would really like to gain some proformance, but I NEED the milage.... Any idea are quiet welcome. Thanks everyone... Love the site.
    myspace.com/donaldlynd

intake. thats a mod you can remove if need to go to the dealer.
    06 G6 GT, nearly stock

Comment

Really want one... but would like to keep my mileage
      myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

having an intake will increase your mileage if anything.
        06 G6 GT, nearly stock

Comment

airbox will help miliage more so then a stage 3... at least in my car my MPG went down a few
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

you won't affect the mileage drastically by adding any of the performance mods that are currently available.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah I would think with Stage 3 I lost maybe 3 MPG at the most.. but the change in acceleration was more then worth it to me!

Comment

^ the sound alone was enough for me
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I agree, the sound alone did it for me as well But the stage 3 does cause you to lose a couple miles/gallon. I think i lost a max of 3. But well worth it.
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Probably caused by the lead foot I would think, you're bound to get on it more.

Comment

You must have smart buy'd yours. So did I, lol. Intake, and if you can find a tune (which I dont think is out yet). Also, theres a B&M shift plus mod that fits the 4t45 trans. But I think the Ecotec is the ony G6 with the 4T45.
                      2007 G5 Base Model
                      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

you could also do headlights (painted), Tails (tinted) grills upper and lower because when your done with the car you can get spare lights off ebay and repaint the grills black hahaha just my $.02 on that tho!

Comment

go ahead and paint the grills a dealer shouldn't ding you too bad if at all, as long as pieces aren't missing or broken. The dealer just sends the car to a GM auction and some other dealer pays for it the way it is.
                          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                          ^ The Man
                          v The Legend

Comment

Stuff like tinted windows and painted grilles or headlights shouldn't be a big deal.

As for fuel economy and performance mods, I lost a little bit by adding a Dr Speed stage 2 intake, but I think that's because I floor it more often now then I did before. The Vector ECM didn't change the mileage at all.

Comment

Lease modifications

I too have a lease 06 GTP and in fact, my last four cars have been lease (once in the lease 'trap' one is in forever since one has no trade-in to offer.)
                              In the case of the previous two, I really altered the vehicles with headers and the works including a Hypertech computer reprogramme and the dealers involved said nothing; I just took them off at end of lease and that was that.
                              In the case of my G6 GTP, so far I have only made three changes and am more than satisfied with the increase in power, pleasant sounds and handling performance.
                              Based on my latest long distance trips, gas mileage is very good though any application of a lead foot does create a real drop; it's a real challenge to keep away from overusing the right foot.
                              Will just remove the added parts when I return the thing; value is well worth if changes are done in the first year. Doing in the latter part of the lease term doesn't make any sense. Go ahead and have some fun!
                              GTP driver
                              G. Stephen Day

Comment

Working...
                              X