G6 Copy Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Copy Keys

How easy is it to get a new key for a 2006 G6. I just bought a used G6, and the used car dealer gave me an incorrect 2nd set of keys, and claims he can't find the 2nd key.

Thankfully he did give me the correct FOB for the remote starter, and I should be easy enough to reprogram the second incorrect FOB I have. But, I dont know if the key can be easy copied, or do I need to get a new one from a Pontiac Dealership.

Re: G6 Copy Keys

Ace Hardware does them for 30 bucks or something and they're the programmed smart keys too.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

i got a transmitter key on ebay for like $14. just search for "g6 key" and make sure its the transmitter/transponder key. it comes uncut. i took mine to the dealer. they cut/programmed mine for $40. there may be a cheaper way to do this, but oh well on my part.

Comment

Just a little off topic, but is the piece that holds the battery in place in your fob broken off? Just discovered both of mine are and had to use a little super glue to keep it in place. Seems to be working fine now.

Comment

for the love of god people fob is NOT an acronym and/or capitalized word!
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

That just fobulous!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I agree its very fobulous

The car came with two sets of keys (key + transmitter). The first set has the remote-start and workes fine. The key in the second set is definatly not for my car as it wont open the doors or turn the Ignition. Im in Canada so no ACE Hardware around, but the Pontaic dealership quote me $46 CAD, which seems pretty reasonable.

Comment

Working...
              X