Cruise Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control

I have the 06 base sedan and i dont have crusie control but would like to get it. Are all the wirring harness's the same to where i could just buy a lever with crusie control and just "plug it in" to the wiring harness?
    87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
    90 Eagle Talon TSI
    09 G6 Progression(New Car)
    My Progression

Re: Cruise Control

they might be youd have to take a few pics of the wiring harness pooners is always asking about

i would think theyd be there but i thought pooners would have it all too
    might need BCM options changed as well. which might not be doable idk ill have to look

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Atlongest the wiring harness (and should be) is there preexisting in the car you can do it. I was told though when was looking into installing on a work van if the factory wiring harness is not there it is not there it cant be done.

Also like mentioned the BCM (body control modual) needs to be redone. The Cruise control option is set to off from the factory and will need to be turned on. If the cruise control option is not on the BCM then you will need updated software from a dealership to do and that can be expensive depending on dealership.
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I know its been awhile since you posted but thought if you are still interested I would give you some advice. All of the g6's have
        one of two wiring harnesse's one with 5 wires and the other with 8wires. To find out just simply pop the top cover on steering column
        and count the wires in the blue harness, if there is 8 wires you have a very good chance of adding cruise. In most cases the
        bcm is already activated with cruise and you will just have to change the wheel to one with controls. If it is not activated then you
        will still have to change the wheel but then also take the car to a dealer to have them flash/turn on the cruise. I have a 09 g6 base
        that had no cruise, I checked my wires saw I had 8 so i bought a wheel with controls off ebay changed it myself and bam I had
        cruise control , did not need flash from dealer.. Hope this helps you, if you have any questions feel free to email me..

Comment

Working...
        X