Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help.

Notice: My english might bad because I'm deaf.

I have give her for gift to my girlfriend for 2006 G6 V6. She got wreck by roadcrew misunderstand. It is not her fault.

The left front fender, bumper, headlight, wheel was smash badly. After the bodyshop done replace. The car look great like a brand new car but still have one problem. I'm disappointed dealership never take car to test drive. They just replace it and hand to me since I remember the miles. They did only drive like 0.5 miles short.

The car was done replace on April 29th.

It feel like rubbing/noise on 35 mph or 50-53 mph only.

Bodyshop found out that 4 wheel alignment is out of line so they fix it and told me take 1,000 miles to wear the tire. If not return back since problem is still not solve.

After that so dealership did replace
    Right bearing
    two front new tires

So far still not solve the problem. Since the car was hit left front wheel. Why they won't replace left bearing. Since they say it look good shape. It is now July 15th. It is drive me crazy that they never find anything.
    Since they told me re-claim and went back bodyshop but they never return my call since (Wednesday 12th)

So do you know what cause problem?

Thanks,
    Patrick Sutton

I would try to find some other people to look at your car.. that is ridiculous the crap they are giving you!!! I'm not personally sure what's causing your problem.. but i'm sure someone on here can help you!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Ok I understand. Yes I was planning do that but my dad told me I have to stay Joseph Chevy since this is bodyshop is near my area because of re-claim so I can't go other bodyshop. You probably wonder why I'm at Chevy place because Pontiac don't have bodyshop. I'm from Fairfield, Ohio.

There is other new Tri-County Pontiac dealership have everything service and bodyshop near my area just open month ago. But car was already wreck since they wasn't existing yet.

I did went to Goodyear tire company. They told me possible bearing wheel or tires. They want me save moneys because car is too new and it have less than 6000 miles for warranty.

So Joseph Pontiac did replace two new front tires last Wednesday (July 12th). Manager did test drive and told me and my girlfriend that it is work great. After that, we went to test drive on highway so 35 & 50-53 mph is still same. He really lied us. We head back after we left service. Manager is angry that we came back and told him that it is still same problem. He is mad and took our car to drive other Joseph Chevy dealership. He came back to told me re-claim to call insurance for fix whatever cause noise/rubbing. After that we haven't heard from them for email/call yet as they told us since July 12th. This tires is from tiger paw. I read some forum that some people hate this tire brand because of wear but I don't think it will solve problem the noise/rubbing since we already got two new front tires.

I really like Pontiac car but I hate service have no respect at all. I own 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE (never got problem). I give her as gift is 2006 Pontiac G6 V6. She love that car since purchase but she hate it right now because of noise/rubbing have been going on since April 29th.

Comment

Sure is nice of you to buy your girl a car for a gift.

I would also talk to the insurance company to see of they can help get the correct repairs done to the car.

Also, did you buy it or is it a lease? If you leased it, the dealer or the leasing company have an interest in the car so I'm sure they would want it fixed correctly because they will eventually get it back.

Good luck.
        2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I would highly suggest that you get a second opinion. Take it to another dealership so they can test drive it. It appears that the shop you have already visited does not want to deal with your problem anymore. I think taking it somewhere else seems to be the best way to get your problem fixed. Good Luck!
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

The car is our. It is not lease car.

Pontaic Joseph told me that manager in bodyshop from Chevy Joseph manager will call Insurance. So I called him last Thursday at bodyshop. He told me he will call as we done. It turn out he never did call. We did call insurance company. Insurance told us that they haven't heard from him since accident that month. Insurance told me that it is not right to go Pontiac Joseph to get right bearing, and two new tires. Well Chevy Joseph bodyshop told me go Pontiac Joseph. Insurance say the car should be stay with Chevy bodyshop to have it repair since they didn't got it right before.

As today I called Joseph Pontiac for appointment. So they will have the car stay them in few days on Wednesday. Rental car is free so hopefully they find out what cause problem. It seem strange noise/rubbing only came from 35 & 50-53 mph only. That strange car I ever own but I understand it was from accident.

I wish I could show you picture from accident but don't know how to post picture as well.

Comment

Here is a "how to" on posting pictures.
              The pics are no longer there but the text is, should be of some help.
              Clicky~~>http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=476
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I rather private. It say need address and phone #. I don't want get junk call or mail. I guess I deal it but hopefully they can fix it on Wednesday. Maybe I will let you know what really cause problem if they finally fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by palsut
                  I rather private. It say need address and phone #. I don't want get junk call or mail. I guess I deal it but hopefully they can fix it on Wednesday. Maybe I will let you know what really cause problem if they finally fix it.
                  For photobucket? I don't know if it is required or not, but just use a fake address and phone #. They seriously expect 70% or more of them to be fakes anyway.

edit: not sure if you're talking about photobucket or not but I just went through the signup and they don't need your tel # or address.

Comment

Originally posted by palsut
                    You can upload the pictures to my site if you want. Just put fake info in if you want it kept private.

http://www.authenticgeeks.com/g6performance/

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Truthfully the only answer is a second opinion. Often in collisions things that are not broken are negatively impacted and need to be replaced.l You halfshaft could be messed up, perhaps a mount, what about the strut assembly..?

John
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Sorry, I just register that and it took me to next step so I click off so I guess I misunderstand that don't need address & phone. I just saw red * that must required so I thought it might need it. Hopefully it is working.

wreck

wreck

after repair

Comment

they did a nice job fixing it up after the wreck, too bad it doesn't run like it used to.

Comment

There could definitely be a number of things I would take it to a number of places and get estimates on paper of what they say is wrong and take that back to original dealership!!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

EmersonHart13: You might right. My dad and I agree if might cause. I will tell Joseph Pontiac to have it look. The wheel was turn left when like this \ and suv did hit it.

Bristol16: Yes, they did great job but some big major problem list
                              1)paint scratch
                              2) missing fender retainer
                              3) right lower grille scratch
                              4) few front bumper scratch while put headlight on
                              5) side baffle cut half (It was loose. They did cut half and lied my girlfriend that they put new one. That is where they scratch right lower grille while try get half cut side baffle out)
                              6) Not sure if I got right name part. Outer seal Outer seal Right is damage. (I'm not sure if you know it It is gray soft on top left fender that block water from windshield.

I look everything after repair. So far everything I told them that I'm not very happy so everything is fine back normal. It was horrible back that day.

I have other little damage from punk kids playing baseball in parking lot two weeks ago. It was little dent on roof. I called police about that. So insurance will pay it and I pay little. I'm worry if I go Chevy Joseph bodyshop again since you notice many list that they did bad job. I think I better go other Pontiac bodyshop after they fix noise first.

If you have live in Colerain in Ohio. The name of company bodyship is Joseph Chevrolet. They fix many different kind car brand. Just don't go there. I just don't want you get same problem like I have many bad lists after replace.

I want say thank for little tip. My girlfriend and I enjoy this forum and we have learn everything about G6.

Comment

Working...
                              X