Dome light cover rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome light cover rattle

I love the monsoon bass in my -05 GT but that dame dome light lense keeps rattling. When I hold it with my hand the car has such a nice thump to it. Any one have the same problem? Any ideas?
    -The Dabbler

yea I have that problem too. And it sucks because it's right near your head so you can hear it even with the heaviest bass. I haven't found a solution to it yet though.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

the dome light in my truck is falling out of the headliner. no problems with the G6 with the stock Monsoon, although i usually don't blast the bass on a stock setup.

Comment

No problems here, I have bass set half way and usually volume never past half. Turn it down a bit

Comment

Had the same problem. Take the lense offand put small pieces of adhisive anything where the 3 clips are. I have a lil more bass than you and I am great now. Only problem is my clips fot the magnet broke off too.grrrr
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

has anyone figured out a way to fix this? i have two 12" subs in my trunk and get terrrible dome light rattle. i cannot hear the trunk rattle in the car though, good thing seeing as there is a lot of it. i was thinking maybe putting a sheet of seran wrap on it but idk how tacky and cheap thatd look, but its so annoying. any help/suggestions?

Comment

^ look ^^ just be careful with it and avoid breaking things.

Comment

ok, maybe this has been talked about someplace else, but the switch for my dome light is broken. When I open up the doors none of the lights come on. I wiggle it through all three positions and nothing happened but when I have it in the middle (where it's supposed to be) and push up while wiggling it I can get the lights to flash. I'm going to take it in next week to get looked at but is anyone else having this problem? And if so is there a quick fix so I can save a trip to the dealer?
                BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Initial Quality Control???

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed with the rattles that come out of my 06 GT. The dome light cover and passenger door have rattled since day 1, but I work all the time and can't get it fixed at the dealership. And as of late, the front passenger door speaker now has a buzz to it when I first start my car (especially if its freezing out), that goes away after 5 minutes. What's up with that???

Comment

First off, Welcome! Another Jules!

A lot of dealership have their service department open on Saturdays and are pretty good about giving your a ride to work and picking you up when your car is done.

If your car is still under warranty I'd let the dealer handle it.

Comment

same problems here...im gonna investigate the door problem sometime

the dome light area i think can put some foam in there to deaden it

mine comes from sunroof button

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        First off, Welcome! Another Jules!

A lot of dealership have their service department open on Saturdays and are pretty good about giving your a ride to work and picking you up when your car is done.

If your car is still under warranty I'd let the dealer handle it.
                        Egad, another Jules, that drives a G6 GT. Oy.

And to think, I was just telling my best friend last night, how much fun the world would be iwth 2 of me
                        Originally posted by Kman
                        'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

yes but is it a sedan or a coupe? (I know yours is a sedan so answer that question its for Jules Vei)

Comment

It's a sedan. from the looks of things they have a known record of mysterious rattles. The one that bugs me the most is the dome light. man is it annoying.

Comment

you can always shoot it :P
                              that should get rid of the rattling

Comment

Working...
                              X