Arm Rest Removal on 08 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Rest Removal on 08 G6

Was wondering if anyone knows how to get the armrest off the driver's door panel?
    did a search but didn't find anything.
    Had a look around and didn't see any bolt or screw holes so I'm wondering if the whole panel has to be loosened or taken off to get at the armrest.
    Thanks for your help.

2008 G6 SE --------------1975 TA

2008 Pontiac G6

Re: Arm Rest Removal on 08 G6

I know the entire door comes off... Andy will be on eventually and post a diagram or something I bet...
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      I know the entire door comes off... Andy will be on eventually and post a diagram or something I bet...
      gotta take the entire door off?

My progression thread
      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Errrrrrr door panel
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

look in the hand hold nad youll see the little black rubber mat. remove that and youll find the 2 screews (30 torx i belive)

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
            look in the hand hold nad youll see the little black rubber mat. remove that and youll find the 2 screews (30 torx i belive)
            I don't have a rubber mat in the hand hold well,mine's an 08 so i guess they changed that.

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

it should be there adn if you dont have a little mat there then you should be able to see the screws

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

the mat is pretty difficult to just pull out with your fingers.

I would suggest getting some type of pick if you have one

then put the pick in the corner and lift.
                this corner is easiest because thats where it is connected to the trim piece.

then theres two bolts

My progression thread
                Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light

Comment

That's great Guys, Thanks very much.
                  Gotta love this site !!!!

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
                    That's great Guys, Thanks very much.
                    Gotta love this site !!!!

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Thanks Again,the pic worked like a hot damn!!

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
                        Thanks Again,the pic worked like a hot damn!!

My progression thread

Comment

Working...
                        X