cold air intakes + heavy rain???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold air intakes + heavy rain???

Hey i tried search and couldnt find anything so...

i am very interested in the stage 3 Dr. Speed intake but im worried about it letting water into my engine when its raining really hard. Could this happen or am i just paranoid?

if there is any possibility of issues ill probly just go with the stage 2.

also, i checked on the website.. does anyone know when i would be able to get one? they are 'out of stock'

thanks
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Unless you drive into a puddle of water deeper then what your foglamp is high then maybe. But just by it raining hard will not be a problem. Just dont submerge the cone filter you will be fine.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

this has been answered...just probably hard to find

and arent you in luck that they guy that owns drspeed, is the admin of this site..haha

i think he said just a few days difference, but he will comment on that...those with stage 3 can pick the rest up

as far as i read...it isnt gonna get water in it

Comment

i've driven in rain already that was so hard that i prob shouldnt have even been on the road and i haven't had any trouble with my stage 3...i've checked it already and there's hardly any sign that water even gets into the area where the filter goes, it's sealed off rather well
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Same here. No problem with Stage3 and water.
          -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

I ordered mine a few nights ago and Kyle said that he is expecting a shippment next week. So hopefully soon. :P
            2006 G6 GT- Custom Dual Exhuast. Red Line Quicklifts. Debadged. Dr. Speed CAI Stage 3.Arrowhead hoodliner.

Comment

you're not gonna have any problems unless, as mentioned, the filter is completely submerged in water while you're driving. Raindrops hitting it won't affect anything.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

If you are very paranoid you could always get the K and N prefilter which protects the filter from big dirt and some water.

Or you could get a cold air box...?
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I've had my stage 3 on since they came out!! Driven in both rain and snow and not a single problem!!!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thanks yall, sounds like i should be fine with it.

Dr speed! when could i expect to get one???
                    should i put in an order on your site or wait till you get some more?

thanks
                    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

If you want one, you'll need to order it on his site.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

mmk thanks ill do it monday!
                        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                        X