Rattling from the frount end FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling from the frount end FIXED!

Ever since they replaced my tranny I had that rattling at low speeds whenever I went over a bump. I had poked around a few times to try and find the issue but had no luck until I found this rubber mount sitting on the lower shrouding. I started hunting for the place it came from and found passenger side rad mount looked like it was missing something.

This is what it’s supposed to look like...

That rubber piece was the one I found on the shrouding so the rad was just bouncing around. Even after I reinstalled it the rad was still bouncing around so I looked at the driver side and this is what I found

It was installed on the wrong side of the "L" mount! It was just sitting there doing nothing. When they replaced my tranny they dropped the sub frame which is attached to the lower rad mount, so they would have had to take the rad off, and never installed the damn thing correctly.

Good Job to the tech who replaced me tranny...
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Well glad you found the problem, that sucks they'd do that. That's why I hate having the dealer do things to my car, the other day I noticed they didn't push the clips on my rear bumper in far enough.

Comment

Hmmm, funny thing. My rear bumper doesn't look like it's pushed on all the way either.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
        Well glad you found the problem, that sucks they'd do that. That's why I hate having the dealer do things to my car, the other day I noticed they didn't push the clips on my rear bumper in far enough.
        Yeah, cool that you found it...those things can drive you crazy...

I got my car out of the shop a while back and am still finding little crappy things that were broken.

Nevermind about my mystery rattles...I've just about given up on finding them. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, so forget about it
        2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

Working...
        X