Difference between wheel part / Hollander #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between wheel part / Hollander #'s

Ok guys. I've been looking for a replacement wheel for one I banged up a while back, and I'm having a hell of a time sorting out the part/Hollander numbering system on these websites. Do they just not know anything about G6 wheels? Here is what I'm seeing.

The factory option number is NW2, part # 88967211, Hollander # 6597 which are the 'ultrabrite/machined wheels'. Seems that most sites consider these 'Chrome', which is not true. Now if you look at Hollander number 6598, they are supposed to be the exact same wheels, but painted instead. It seems the sites consider my wheel to be 6598, but with a 'machined' finish, which is not true either. Anybody have any idea's on which one is right? There is about a $100 - $150 dollar difference between some of these, with the machined face usually being cheaper than the painted. Explain how that's possible?

Here are links to the difference sites I am looking at.

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/catalog.as ... 7&Type=886

http://catalog.thewheelwarehouse.com/in ... ath=45_516

http://getallparts.com/w_selection_get. ... &_MODEL=G6
    Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
    Originally posted by schenko
    If I could have a woody, I would.

Re: Difference between wheel part / hollister #'s

Machine faced is probably the base, painted is probably a little bit more, and chrome is probably the most expensive. The price is different because of more work going into one kind?

I think I misunderstood the question.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Re: Difference between wheel part / Hollander #'s

EDIT: Now that I think about it, they arn't listing what is factory, but all possible wheels that can fit on a G6. Which includes the HHR chrome wheels.

They only make these wheels in 2 finishes. Machined/polished and painted. There is no chrome finish, so where are these websites getting that from.
      Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
        They only make these wheels in 2 finishes. Machined/polished and painted. There is no chrome finish, so where are these websites getting that from.
        Hmm. I've seen the chrome ones on eBay before.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

That's because they have been Chromed after the fact, and arn't OEM.

Comment

ya, i actually had the same problem when i bent a rim, so now i have 3 ultra-brite wheels and one of the other kind of wheel. which are you looking for? the ultra bright is the chrome looking one
            2006 Black GTP Coupe
            Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
            Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
            Tinted Tail Lights
            Red painted calipers

Comment

I need the ultrabrites. I actully ordered a new one when this first happened, they sent me the painted one. I sent it back, and just had my bent one repaired, but when they went to change out the tires, it scratched the outside pretty bad, so I'm looking to replace it.

Comment

From the crappy pics it looks to me like you'd want the 3rd one on the top row from the 1st link
                Which would be the same as the 4th one down on the 2nd link
                IDK about the 3rd cause the pic doesn't do it justice, but I see what you're saying. The #'s don't jive.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Yea, almost every site states that the pictures arn't of the actual wheel/finish, but to show you the style. Which makes trying to find the right one before you order a bitch when the number's don't match.

Comment

I'd try to get them on the phone and confirm that it's Ultrabrite finish or not.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Yea, looks like thier website is messed up. I called, and the 4th one down is the painted one, while the 3rd one is my wheel. Which they want $325 for.

Comment

id say painted is the all silver, no gloss finish.

the machined w/ silver, is the silver finish with the gloss face

My progression thread
                        Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                        Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                        In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                        Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                        Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Originally posted by bigs4610
                          id say painted is the all silver, no gloss finish.

the machined w/ silver, is the silver finish with the gloss face
                          Yea, the guy I spoke to refered to the painted finish as silver too, while the other one was silver with polished face or something like that.

Comment

any update on what the right part number is for the ultra-brights?
                            2006 Black GTP Coupe
                            Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
                            Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
                            Tinted Tail Lights
                            Red painted calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Orms
                              any update on what the right part number is for the ultra-brights?
                              88967211 is the right part number, but most sites label it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X