Ticking Sound?!?!?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking Sound?!?!?!?!?!?

i took my car to my dealership today to have the harmonic engine balancer re-torqued due to the recall on it...well about 2 weeks ago i changed my oil and noticed a ticking sound from the engine...seems like the left side when you stand in front of the car...anybody have any ideas...the tech today said that it could be something wrong with the pistons but wouldnt go into detail...i made an appointed for this upcoming monday to have that fixed....any ideas, anyone have the same or similar problem, i will let you guys know when it gets fixed what it was...

Re: Ticking Sound?!?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by GModz
    i took my car to my dealership today to have the harmonic engine balancer re-torqued due to the recall on it...well about 2 weeks ago i changed my oil and noticed a ticking sound from the engine...seems like the left side when you stand in front of the car...anybody have any ideas...the tech today said that it could be something wrong with the pistons but wouldnt go into detail...i made an appointed for this upcoming monday to have that fixed....any ideas, anyone have the same or similar problem, i will let you guys know when it gets fixed what it was...
    I think it's a common complaint from a lot of G6ers with the 3.5. Actually I think it's fuel injectors. Having the dealer look at it won't hurt.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

What is it, the EGR valve that makes that ticking noise in these cars? I think that is what it was, is.... Common thing i believe too!
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

At least they're going to take a look at it. I mentioned it to the tech and he too said that it was the fuel injectors and that it was "normal" he didn't even bother checking it.

Comment

he must be the worst tech ever and most likely a liar. the first thing any tech on the planet is supposed to do is 'verify customer complaint'. it's like the golden rule of auto repair. go kick him in the balls and crap on his hood and take your car somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
            What is it, the EGR valve that makes that ticking noise in these cars? I think that is what it was, is.... Common thing i believe too!
            I dont think our cars have an egr valve. GMs are known for piston slap, especially when they are cold. It is common.
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Tick

the tech mentioned the piston slap that is one of the things he had mentioned so he is gonna have me bring it there sunday night and leave it til the morning so he can hear it run cold...but it doesnt make as much noise when its cold then when its warm...when its warm its downright embarrassing...i also noticed last night it isnt as loud when the AC is running???

Comment

ticking noise

well my fellow G6ers...if any of you have experienced that problem you need to get it checked ASAP...my engine seized up tonight...its gonna be fixed at my local dealership on monday i am hoping for a new engine completely so...i will keep you all posted...just changed the oil about 4 days ago too so i know thats not the issue....i am mystified by this...

Comment

i would hope for a new engine too. chances are it did substantial damage to the block. how high was it revving when it locked?

Comment

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                    X