Interior handle screw cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior handle screw cover

The screw cover from behind the handle on the inside of the car broke off. Does anyone know if I can get just the little cover, or will I have to get the entire plastic assembly to replace it? Maybe I can hit up a junkyard. That seems to be the kind of part they'd just let me take.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Re: Interior handle screw cover

just had Mike check this for me the other day

My progression thread
    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Awesome...I'll have to check on the price. Is it like 10 bucks for a nickel sized piece of plastic, plus 5 shipping?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

its $4.82 on gmpartsdirect
        at least thats what it shows me

and yes i too thought it was crazy.

id rather "test drive" a g6 and steal it outta there for that price lol

My progression thread
        Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
        Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
        In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
        Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
        Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Wow, it's ~$5 for the part, and shipping is at least 12 f'n dollars!?!?!? It would be like .75 cents in an envelope. Screw that. I'm hittin up a junkyard sometime.

Anyone going sometime and wanna help out a fellow 6er?

Comment

Junk yard-Way to go...

Comment

yeah i managed to break both of mine doing my door poppers a while back and never got around to replacing them lol. thanks for the part number

Comment

Save your $ and stick your used gum there.
                Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

At the dealer i paid $12 each. Oh well. It is what it is. For the convertible, there is a rubber stopper in the rear panels that plugs the hole where the windscreen would go. They are $20. Yes, it sucks they're that much, but are you gonna end up homeless if you pick them up at the dealer?

10-1 odds, when you take them off at the junk yard, you are going to snap them. I used a pick set, went very gently, and they still snapped. Take them off a test drive, same thing. Plus, that is stealing, which is not condoned here. I am not sure if it is even possible to get them off without breaking them, they are that fragile.

Of course, you can always go without them. They are only noticeable if you're looking for it.

So, break out your credit card and visit the dealer, because it is cheaper that route.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                    At the dealer i paid $12 each. Oh well. It is what it is. For the convertible, there is a rubber stopper in the rear panels that plugs the hole where the windscreen would go. They are $20. Yes, it sucks they're that much, but are you gonna end up homeless if you pick them up at the dealer?

10-1 odds, when you take them off at the junk yard, you are going to snap them. I used a pick set, went very gently, and they still snapped. Take them off a test drive, same thing. Plus, that is stealing, which is not condoned here. I am not sure if it is even possible to get them off without breaking them, they are that fragile.

Of course, you can always go without them. They are only noticeable if you're looking for it.

So, break out your credit card and visit the dealer, because it is cheaper that route.

Don't ever let your dealer see your credit card in your hand when you walk in!
                    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

try ordering from parts zone online. they are far more affordable in terms of shipping. i always put in the comments to ship the most inexpensive method and they never charge me more than a few bucks, depending on the part size and weight.
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                      X