Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing trip permit adhesive strip...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing trip permit adhesive strip...HELP!

Okay, long and the short of it. Searched and couldn't find squat.

Recently moved to a new state (Oregon), where the state had self-adhesive trip permits--basically and interim license plate for the uninitiated. Had to get 2 of these bastards before I finally got my plates. Anyhow, there are two strips stuck to my rear window like Oprah on a baked ham. Anyone know how to get these off without damaging the defroster grid?

Thanks!
    "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
    ~~GWAR's description of Hell
    Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Re: Removing trip permit adhesive strip...HELP!

Windex... and or goo gone should help remove it.

Comment

I actually just dealt with removing a bunch of permement 3M adhisive the other day on the 6er when I took off my chrome pillars.

What worked for me was wetting the material with some like bug and tar removing, then taking a hairdryer to it for about 15-20 seconds to get it real hot, then pick it off with your fingernail. Took me a bit of time but I managed.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Something you or your special lady might have: garment steamer.

I used it to remove my tints last year when I changed %'s. But yeah...... goo-gone will be a necessity too.
        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

I love goo-gone.... Didn't have any the other night though.

Colin.. you think your stain remover will work here?
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Windex or pure ammonia...

dont get high on the fumes though

Comment

If your windows are tinted and the adhesive is on the tint, you'll probably end up wrecking your tint using windex or goo gone.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                I actually just dealt with removing a bunch of permement 3M adhisive the other day on the 6er when I took off my chrome pillars.
                Whaaa.... Are you de-chroming your car?
                Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage
                  Whaaa.... Are you de-chroming your car?

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Goo gone works well, just spray and let it sit and spray some more and go at it with your fingernail or maybe a plastic razor blade.
                    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Thanks No tint. Looks like Goo gone and possibly a heat gun on low.

Any other ideas please keep 'em coming.
                      "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                      ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                      Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Goo gone FTW
                        Current Mods: CAI Short Ram K&N filter-Custom Magnaflow exhaust system- Xenon tails and headlights(Light Blue)-Debadged trunk-4 inch exhaust tip-15% Tint Back
                        Future Mods: 18 inch Gtp rims-Vms Tune (Want it BAD!)- Appearance mods

Comment

I love goo-gone.... Didn't have any the other night though.

Colin.. you think your stain remover will work here?
                          omfg.... i forgot wtf you were talking about.... but yes, it's a definite must try.

Might be a little hard getting the angle right for your back window, but definitely worth a shot. :-b
                          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

BrakeWash and a towel! No tint, no worries! Be gone in a couple seconds.
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

goo gone and a razor if its just on your window if you have tint or whatnot, NO RAZOR!!!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Working...
                              X