New Springs For Stuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Springs For Stuts

Okay i did a search and did not find what i was looking for, only found the opposite....

Here's the deal.... I live in NYC (pot hole's galore) so instead of Lowering my G6 i would like to put firmer springs on my struts..... here is the reason:

I'm a mountain Biker and I'm getting a Trailer hitch installed, i currently have a Thule T2, 1/25 hitch Rack. the problem is the G6 is kinda low, and i'm afraid that the hitch will hit the ground when i'm driving out of NYC... afraid that it will mess the Rack up or even mess the cars Chassis up.

Here's an example of Thule T2 rack on a low hitched car:

If you notice the bikes are fine but if you look at the very bottom you can literally see the hitch rack only a few inches off the ground... NOT GOOD IN NYC!

Can some of you fellas point in in the right directions?
    flickr

Re: New Springs For Stuts

only thing I can say is try taking the rear valence off. but that would look kinda crappy

or cut out a section of the rear valence. but that would look equally crappy

My progression thread
    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

yeah i know... but unfortunately the hitches they make for the G6 are made to be under the valence.... so even if i took it off there will be alot of space between hitch and bumper, ill look crappy....

i guess i will just have to Take it easy when driving in nyc, and take it easy entering Gas stattions with the bike rack in tow.... argggggg... suxxxxxors!
      flickr

Comment

You know... all the times I've been to NYC... I've never ONCE seen a gas station... at least in Manhattan.

Also.. check out our East Coast section. We're all heading to the NYAS in April.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

we have a few gas stations in Manhattan, i live in lower Manhattan, about 3 gas stations by my house... all Mobile.....

the Ramps leading to the gas stations are more like 1 foot Sidewalks......
          flickr

Comment

Use spring inserts man....

cost you 20 bucks for 4 (2 for each side to get enough lift off the ground). They're poly stuff and won't degrade.

save you a shit load of money and you can remove them when you don't need them.

Pick up a hydrolic jack from your local pep or wherever in the states on sale for like 15 bucks and you're golden. That is you don't already have one, if you don't, you'll end up using your newly purchased jack a lot any how.

Will take you 10mins total to jack the car, slide them in, let car down, check they're positioned right.. jack other side up, slide it in, let it down. check for positioning.

Done. Not even 10mins. Plus you can remove them when you get home so your car doesn't look like a dragster and your aerodynamics are fucked for high-speed highway driving (too much df in the front by comparison).
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
            X