Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Pontiac Likely Axed, uh wait, Saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: Pontiac Likely Axed, uh wait, Saved?

I wish I was making that up.
    New York Times has a new story posted.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/busin ... to.html?hp
    From the article:
    G.M. will file what is expected to be the largest restructuring plan of its 100-year history on Tuesday, a step it must take to justify its use of a $13.4 billion loan package from the federal government.
    The plan will outline in considerable detail, over as many as 900 pages, how G.M. will further cut its work force, shutter more factories in North America and reduce its lineup of brands to just four, from eight, according to executives knowledgeable about its contents. The remaining core brands will be Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC and Buick.
    The plan will also probably include revisions in executive compensation and targets for cutting dealers and brands like Saturn and Pontiac.
    So who are these "executives knowledgeable about its contents" and are they right?

EDIT: Apparently Pontiac will live on as a niche line, with a reduced number of vehicles.
    Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Re: BREAKING: Pontiac Likely Axed

F'ing douches with GMC sticking around

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I'm being 100% honest when i say this.... if GM axes Pontiac & Saturn I will convert to only buy import cars! THE ONLY other GM car I would remotely buy would be a caddy. Seeing how i don't see myself ever affording a caddy newer then 10 years old. Maybe I should sell my beater grand am while I'm at it to cut all my connections to GM and Pontiac. Such a shame for those of us who are brand loyal.

Comment

which is exactly why i'm not brand loyal. i'll buy whatever car matches the criteria i am looking for. i do think it is stupid to keep GMC around when they are cutting other lines though.

Comment

f*ck GM.

GMC over pontiac?

thats it. My next vehicle will be a ford.

The ford dealer by me has nice people that work, people who listen to what their customers say, nice people who take care of their customers.

I like what I see coming down ford's product line in the future. I've had go luck with fords in the past.

Ford will be getting my $$$ the next time around.

Comment

Nothings clear yet, same thing as with the rumor that Saturn is getting axed

If Pontiac is gone I will no longer have much of a interest in GM as I personally dislike Chevy, minus the Silverado's. The only Chevy car I will ever be interested in is the Camaro, and with Pontiac gone my $ would go towards a Challenger before that as trust in GM would be lost.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

why keep buick...honestly?

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                why keep buick...honestly?
                from what i've read on here before the sell very well over seas (particularly china).

Comment

eh saw it coming but it hurts just to hear they might be doing it officially.

The next car I want is a Camaro so I'll be sticking with GM hopefully for another car but after that I don't know if GM will have good cars for me to choose from!

Pontiac better not get axed!!!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

I am another one that will switch if they axe pontiac ... If Pontiac goes, GM has nothing I want short of a cadillac ... it really is too bad.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl
                      Im suprised this didn't happen 6 months ago..

Pontiac is next on the list

HMMM now who said that... ummmmmmmmm

Cant remember
                      2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
                      2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
                      Tsukuba Red

Comment

I would never buy a chevy car. Chevrolet cars are the welfare whores of the GM lineup.

Chevrolet's motto
                        " Want to buy a new car but can't afford a new car? you can afford a chevy. We'll strip it out and price it so low even hyundai and kia will by like DAMMMMN!."

Seriously, when I see chevy dealers selling brand new cobalts for 12k, malibus for 15k, and impalas for 17k, all I think is "welfare special".

Before anyone gets offended, lemme explain. I have two cousins who live off of welfare. They have never worked a day in their life. They milk the system for everything. They don't pay any income tax, yet every year get a tax refund. They somehow can afford brand new chevrolet's ( an impala and an uplander). When GM strips out a car like that, so it can whore a super low price, to attract buyers like that, thats not a car brand I want to be associated with.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                          I would never buy a chevy car. Chevrolet cars are the welfare whores of the GM lineup.

Chevrolet's motto
                          " Want to buy a new car but can't afford a new car? you can afford a chevy. We'll strip it out and price it so low even hyundai and kia will by like DAMMMMN!."

Seriously, when I see chevy dealers selling brand new cobalts for 12k, malibus for 15k, and impalas for 17k, all I think is "welfare special".

Before anyone gets offended, lemme explain. I have two cousins who live off of welfare. They have never worked a day in their life. They milk the system for everything. They don't pay any income tax, yet every year get a tax refund. They somehow can afford brand new chevrolet's ( an impala and an uplander). When GM strips out a car like that, so it can whore a super low price, to attract buyers like that, thats not a car brand I want to be associated with.
                          I'd say yeah its a horrible thing that some people take advantage of it but if you look at in the way I'm sure it was intended was to help the people that need cars that can't afford the outrageous price of 20k plus!!!! Also those people don't need anything special on them just a working new car that gets them from point A to B.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

It looks like my first GM will be my last GM. That is stupid to keep GMC when those trucks are the same exact thing as the Chevy trucks. Without Pontiac, GM does nothing for me. I've never liked a Chevy (aside from the Corvette, although I'd never own one when I could go for a Mustang instead), Buick, or a Cadillac, and I'd never drive a truck. I actually like the way the Trailblazer drives, but ever since I got hit by one a year ago, I've been totally against Trailblazers (and I'd rather own a VW or Lexus anyway if I were to shell out the cash for an SUV). I actually developed more respect for GM when I discovered what a great car the G6 is. If they really do give Pontiac the axe, my thoughts of the company will be right about equal to what I think of Hyundai and Kia (and, just for the record, it's not because I think they're cheap junk, it's because I don't like anything they have to offer).

Comment

looks like i will be buying Cadillacs from now on.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                              Show
                              -20% tint
                              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
                              X