Diff color dash and radio lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff color dash and radio lights?

is there anyway to change the color of our dash lights? I know this may be sacrelgious to some.
    myspace.com/donaldlynd

I highly doubt it.

I'm guessing that they're LED's that are shining through a lens of some kind.

You'd need to get all of the gauges and switches changed to make that work.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Is there a way? Yeah. Is it gonna be easy? Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
        Is there a way? Yeah. Is it gonna be easy? Hell no.

Word on that one, I thought about it to... and dismissed the thought just as quickly haha
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I did it in my cougar, but I'm not really sure if the lights here are set up the same way. Basically I just had to open up all the switches, remove the LEDs, and solder in new LEDs. It's a pain because they're so small and there's little room to work with.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

don't forget the resistors
            http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n ... /index_eng
            oneOone
            1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
            2005 Pontiac G6 GT....Wife (Liquid Silver)
            1983 Jeep CJ7.....for the 8 year old

SSSS member #5

Comment

It would be cool if you could. I have owned all Pontiac's and I'm always looking at those orange lights.

My younger brother has a mustang and he can change the lights to i think like 5 different colors. And my older brother has a GTO and the dash lights are green and white I think.
              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

is there anyway to get the G6 to light up red on the left gauge cluster? Can you like cut out that shape and it will light up red, or are the lights behind the cluster just where they are showing?
                You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

Orange lights... all mine are Red... I think... I wouldn't want to change my light colors... Its awesome Red and I have gotten a compliment from everyone that has ridin in my car about how cool the under dash lights are haha (I installed them)

PS: check out the poll in the new member forum

Comment

Re: Diff color dash and radio lights?

check out this Thread: "G6" on the tach. This should tell you whats up with the lights on the dash's instrument cluster. I am thinking about fixing the G6 to be lit up. I thought it had be lit up before and I just had forgotten about it cause I got so used to looking at it. To Be honest with ya, I rarely look at the tachometer. I seen that you had this post since 2009, so I would say you had already figured it out or bought a new dash instrument cluster. LOL! I had to wait until my car is close to being paid off to start modifying, mainly just to be safe and in case my car got repo'd.

Comment

Re: Diff color dash and radio lights?

Is it possible? absolutely. All you need are the proper leds and resisters. I swapped my dash, gauges ,and switches to a blue and white theme took me all of 5 hours maybe. The hvac lights just twist in and out, For the cluster there is a conversion kit(This alone took 2-3 hours very tiny leds), the only thing that is still read are the switches on my steering wheel i.e. cruise control. I have wanted to change them, but don't feel like messing with the airbag. If your confident with messing with soldering and know common rules when working on car electrics I see no reason you'll have an issue.

I forgot to mention if you want to change the shifter indicator lights on the center console. It is possible but what i did is copy the plastic strip that has the D,N,R,1,3 etched on it. I copied it to a piece of paper and laminated that kind of ghetto but it worked. also there is a bulb that can be simply swapped out iirc it was a 74 but dont quote me on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X