Wiring Harness for Fog Light Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness for Fog Light Button

I just ordered H11 wiring harnesses for my factory fogs I added so i can get em wired up. I'm also ordering the oem fog light switch. so my question is will I need a wiring harness to connect to the back of the fog light switch...Can someone post a picture of whats hooked up to the back of the switch for me or tell me if i'll need anything to run the wires to it.
    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Re: Wiring Harness for Fog Light Button

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
    I just ordered H11 wiring harnesses for my factory fogs I added so i can get em wired up. I'm also ordering the oem fog light switch. so my question is will I need a wiring harness to connect to the back of the fog light switch...Can someone post a picture of whats hooked up to the back of the switch for me or tell me if i'll need anything to run the wires to it.
    Easiest way to tell if you need it is to yank out your button panel and see if there is any loose harnesses back there. I suspect there aren't though. You'd probably have an easier time just wiring your fogs directly into the low beams.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I have and there's nothing there, so just wondering if i'll need a harness to plug into the button or if I can just run the wires straight to the button.
      2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
      Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
      Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
      Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
        Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
        Easiest way to tell if you need it is to yank out your button panel and see if there is any loose harnesses back there. I suspect there aren't though. You'd probably have an easier time just wiring your fogs directly into the low beams.
        X2 but be careful which hot wire you go for..
        sigpic
        Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
        It takes years to become a member of this elite group
        K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

You may be able to run wires straight to the button, but I don't know if it will work. The button is a momentary switch which sends a signal to the BCM/ECM to control the lights. If you take that out of the equation, and just wire in the button as you would any other, I don't think it would work, or if it did, it would probably only work if you held the button down. Just a thought, I don't know that's 100% for sure...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
          X