The Monsoon System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monsoon System

If you have the monsoon setup in a sedan, can you post pics of where the amp is mounted and pictures of each of the 8 speaker location.... And if not any ifo on where they are located would also help...
    My Progression

in the sedan, there are speakers

4 in front doors (two each door, tweeters and speakers)

4 in back window (each speaker has a tiny one on top of it)

the amp is located inside the trunk on the right side cubby hole, pull back the carpet and you will see it no problem

Comment

I thought the amp was located in different places in the coupe and sedan?? Maybe not, but I just wanted to bring it up in case.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        the amp is located inside the trunk on the right side cubby hole, pull back the carpet and you will see it no problem
        i dont think he has the monsoon system...
        You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

no I dont have the monsoon system... I checked and I dont... I wanted to do this because somehow I was not supposed to have the 6 disc changer also yet I have it... and I was supposed to have 16" wheels, but I have 17"s....
          My Progression

Comment

isnt that a good thing....lol
            06 G6 GT, nearly stock

Comment

Originally posted by boss_pc2
              isnt that a good thing....lol
              I would think so unless the price tag on the car changed
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Anyone know where it is in an 07 convertible?
                2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Can anyone post pics please?!?
                  My Progression

Comment

I want to see your window sticker... You don't just accidently end up with upgrades...

If so your dealer put them in to help sell the car and I am sure you didn't get them for free.

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i dont know...my lot has a v6, gt, and gtp all for the same price right now

so that would be like upgrades with no charge

Comment

They are still charged as options. The dealer is just marking them down.
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

amp location

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                          Is this in the '06 sedan? I am having some trouble locating the stock amp. I have partially installed my Pioneer AVIC N-1. I have everything in and wired up by color code from the Scosche dash kit wire harness, yet my sound doesnt work at all. Do I need to do something with the amp because I have a Monsoon sound system?

At a loss

Comment

I do not mean to hijack the thread here, but...

I just got an 07 'vert GT with the sport package (3900 engine, stabilitrac, and other goodies like the 06 GTP), as well as some other packege with leather seats etc.

The good news is it has the Monsoon audio system. I'm not much of an audio guy, some sound good, some sound real good, but that's about the limit of my knowledge. This one sounds real good to me.

What are the specs, what do I have here and what makes it "different".

Thanks,
                            Jeff
                            My 07 G6 Convertible
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

Well I found the amp! It is located in the trunk for the vert behind the carpet in the front. Do you know the colors for the monsoon amp? I am tapping a output convertor into it and do not know which colors are what. I'm almost done with 2 12" subwoofers in my trunk. I found a box that fits with the top down.
                              2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Working...
                              X