power steering fluid what kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering fluid what kind?

i searched, people say to use whatever...
    mine seems to smell like ATF but maybe its just because im thinking thats what it smells like
    its a 2007 GTP
    what should it have?
    the manual says to use GM stuff
    im used to the euro cars that use atf, or my GTI uses pentosin which is $20 per Ltr.

what should i use?
    07 G6 GTP
    00 VW GTI VR6

Re: power steering fluid what kind?

I'd use what the manual says but that's just me. I always color inside the lines

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

any normal powersteering fluid would work

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but you have fluid for your PS? I thought all 6's had the electric assist like my 05. When did they stop using the electric assist?

Comment

i know VErts adn GTPS all have hydrolic

the lesser ones still have electric

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
            I'd use what the manual says but that's just me. I always color inside the lines
            so your telling me that when/if thetime comes your going to go to GM dealer and get a bottle of PS fluid?
            07 G6 GTP
            00 VW GTI VR6

Comment

No, you just go to walmart and buy regular PS fluid. Don't over fill it like me cause it'll over flow through the cap :\

Comment

Anybody know the capacity of the power steering fluid? Also, what are your thoughts on using Royal Purple?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
                X