engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine light

Does anyone know that if your oil needs changed does the check engine light on? Also how do you reset the reading for the oil on the DIC?

it is in the menu, go to reset oil life and hold down the enter key

Comment

Your check engine light shouldnt come on just because your oil needs to be changed...
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

1 thing ive had happen to me once was the check engine light came on because of the gas cap not being tightened enough.

my mom had a VW golf and if you didnt click the gas cap like 3+ times the check engine light comes on and i think our cars do the same thing now too...

if you go to auto zone they'll check it for you free and i think the code they see when it is the gas cap is like 'emissions-cap sensor' or something.

edit- crap i misread your question...i thought yours was on and you thought it was the oil...lol
        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
          Your check engine light shouldnt come on just because your oil needs to be changed...
          Mine didn't. It started chiming everytime I started the car when it hit 20 percent.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
            You know what.. I was going to ask the same question but didnt want to look stupid (so thanks for asking it first)... I will say one thing tho, my check engine light came on when the oil read out was at about 4%. I know I know I shouldnt have slacked on the oil change but I had the stuff here and was honestly to busy to let the car cool down to do it and when I could I was to tired to get it done. Anyways to make a long story even longer my check engine light came on, so I figured I would change the oil be4 it went into the shop. Reset the DIC on Sat and Sunday afternoon check engine light went off, who knows if it affected it tho?!?!
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Hmmm maybe it does Mayyyyybe it does.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

you are supposed to change your oil with it hot.

and i don't think the MIL should come on when oil life gets down, if it does that is pretty stupid on GMs part. i thought it was supposed to be for emissions/OBD-II problems only.

and yeah the loose gascap will trip the evap monitor and throw a code. takes like 3 driving cycles to turn it back off i think.

Comment

Working...
                X