Quixx Scratch Remover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quixx Scratch Remover?

So I was just kind of browsing Advanced Auto today, and saw something that looked to be too good to be true. I have about a 2 inch DEEP scratch on the lower half of my 6er's rear passenger door. I had planned on having it touched up when it is being detailed here at the end of February, BUT I ran across this stuff: http://www.5starshine.com/info-quixx-sc ... mover.html Was wondering what you guys thought. Too good to be true? Or is it worth giving it a shot before taking it in to get detailed. The shop I'm taking it to get detailed is a VERY respectable shop and have heard many many good things about it.

Re: Quixx Scratch Remover?

Just got and look for some Meguiars ultimate compound or Scratch X 2.0
    Does the same thing and cheaper. Its proven it works.
    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Does that work on deep scratches? I mean, we're talking down to the primer.

Comment

The page you linked says it won't fix scratches to the primer.

For deep scratches you need a touchup.

Comment

If its to the primer, the only fix is a repaint or touch up.

Comment

down to primer or metal no scratch remover will work....touch it up and buff it out

Comment

ive used scratch off. worked very well for all the scratches on my stock hood. now ive been getting chips down to the primer on my hood so i have to touch it up but i suck at anything paint related. so for down to primer scratches or chips shouldn't u put a dab of paint touch up so that it is actually higher then the rest of the paint then buff it out once it dries? i hate touchups.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                ive used scratch off. worked very well for all the scratches on my stock hood. now ive been getting chips down to the primer on my hood so i have to touch it up but i suck at anything paint related. so for down to primer scratches or chips shouldn't u put a dab of paint touch up so that it is actually higher then the rest of the paint then buff it out once it dries? i hate touchups.
                Yeah, that works if you plan on wet sanding it back down the same level. I would work it up instead of dabbing a glob of paint and sanding it down. You would need a rotary and some aggressive polish to remove the sanding marks.

Comment

for surface scratches it works awesome. I detail my car myself and starting to do other people it works well
                  87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                  90 Eagle Talon TSI
                  09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                  My Progression

Comment

My (ex) Friend keyed my car "accidently" a while back as he walked by it with keys in his pocket as he was putting stuff into the back seat.

Now there is a 3-4" scratch down to what looks like metal.

My car is black with metallica specs in it, I'm worried that touch-up paint won't blend well...

What kind of experience is needed to make it look right if possible and how much would it run me?

Comment

Alot of experience is needed. Wet sanding is involved so knowledge of a rotary as well.

There are many options but the best would be a complete repaint of the panel. It varies on who you take it to
                      soooooooooooo
                      250-400ish

Comment

Working...
                      X