Replacement Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Windshield

Not too long after I bought my G6, I had to have the windshield replaced because of damage from a rock. My insurance company covered it, but I think they had the company (Safelite) throw on their cheapest windshield. The reason I say this is because it hasn't been two years and the windshield looks 10 years old. Right from the start I noticed the windshield gets scratches from the windshield wipers. Even after I replaced the wipers a few times, the scratches still seem to be adding up. Next, it looks like someone took a sandblaster to the windshield. In the right light, the windshield looks horrible.

Just to note, I keep my car VERY clean. So there isn't much dirt/dust on my car very often. I also don't travel down any gravel roads. 99% of my driving is on the highway.

So is there a difference in the windshields I can choose from? Is there one brand/type I should get?

If there is a difference, i'm replacing this one out of pocket and getting something good. I know the brand name on this windshield is not PPG. It has some acronym i've never seen on a windshield.

Re: Replacement Windshield

take it back to Safelight there window is covered by a warrenty lifetime if glass is the problem
    sigpic
    Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
    It takes years to become a member of this elite group
    K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Re: Replacement Windshield

I had a windshield replaced somewhere along the line, and i had mine done at the dealership. I assume they used the OEM glass, but I honestly don't know. Mine looks like poop too. Chipped and pitted all to hell, and definitely seems to be getting etched all over the place.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
      X