Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Too Many G6ers Interested In Performance Parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Too Many G6ers Interested In Performance Parts!

The interest in performance parts for the G6, seems nil. This is why the aftermarket won't get behind this car. There are people that want more performance, but are not willing to pay for it. People are trying to get performance parts for the G6, but the response is pathetic. Looks like I hitched my wagon to wrong horse.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

I agree.

I unfortunatly fit into the crowd that won't pony up.

Of course, I'm out of work and trying to start a business with no money...

If the business takes off, the G6 STILL won't get any money put into it. I'm going to buy a used Trans Am for my fun.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yeah we are not the fastest cars on the road and will never even come close.....but that's not why I bought the car. I wasn't even thinking about modding my car when I bought it but then got on this site and caught the bug. Yeah I would like to have some more performance parts out there but I would always want more. At least now I can spread out my mods when they do become available and not do it all at once or in the first year. If my car was done then I'd get bored and start doing stupid shit. Like putting the GMPD badge under my GT
      2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        I agree.
        If the business takes off, the G6 STILL won't get any money put into it. I'm going to buy a used Trans Am for my fun.
        I don't blame you. I should have just gone for a GTO, myself.
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Re: Not Too Many G6ers Interested In Performance Parts!

Originally posted by Kman
          The interest in performance parts for the G6, seems nil. This is why the aftermarket won't get behind this car. There are people that want more performance, but are not willing to pay for it. People are trying to get performance parts for the G6, but the response is pathetic. Looks like I hitched my wagon to wrong horse.
          You at least have the model that the performance community would get behind. I didn't buy my G6 to make HP. It was and is a peppy little sedan. The auto's in the sedan wouldn't take a lot more HP without bittin it I think.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I admit to being part of your problem. I bought this car so I would not get head over heels because I wanted to keep a reliable daily driver that was nice to look at but not a dog. I will do some casual modding but I am saving up for a nice V8 RWD car of my own. But I have my Bro's GTO when I need my fill....

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'm with John. I have the G6 as a daily driver. I need it to be reliable.

Now, a 2002 Trans Am with 350hp that I can use on the weekends. That'll be a car to mod.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Same here. Just a good daily driver with some good HP. Not expecting a race car. I would like to do a few mods like intake but $ is holding me back too.
                2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

It my daily driver too.. I do have the money to invest in it performance wise, but i'm leasing it, so i really don't wanna get into all of that, even though I would really like to

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

My leasing problem is also holding me back.

Just a cover up so you guys dont think I'm broke.

Really, I am though.
                    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by GTP80
                      My leasing problem is also holding me back.

Just a cover up so you guys dont think I'm broke.

Really, I am though.
                      I purchased my car(I owe), so that is why I mod.
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Bah, I know that you like to take cars that have no aftermarket for them and mod them! Look at what you did with your Grand Am!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Bah, I know that you like to take cars that have no aftermarket for them and mod them! Look at what you did with your Grand Am!
                          My secret is out!
                          Forge Motorsports BPV
                          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

I guess I fall into the daily driver model as well... Admittedly I was looking for something fun to drive but reliability and comfort were my first priorities. I would have gone with an import had I found one in the same price range that I could fit in, but apparently the Japanese make cars for Japanese sized people.

I didn't even have an American car on my list of research, but I did have the G6 in my mind as an option. I do wish I did a little more research before buying as I would have gotten a GT sedan instead of a V6 sedan had I known all the differences, but Pontiac has treated me well in the past and I trust that they'll take care of me again.

Comment

I didnt buy it for speed. I bought it for the sleek look, price, and comfortable ride. I do play on Modding the car. But i doubt i do much with the engine. as I do have an Ecotec and there isnt anything out there for ecotecs yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X