Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDs installed **PICS NOW ADDED**

well got my HIDs installed and working for the most part

question on them...when i flip to high beams they arent going off that i can tell right now during the day...any ideas on why?

they arent hard to install at all, very simple and beam right below head light make perfect place to mount ballast/relay for them

they are not supposed to turn off when the high beams come on. turning HIDs on and off repeatedly is extremely bad for the bulbs and will cause them to fail prematurely. when people are like "hey check out my hids" and flip them on and off a lot just to see them fire up, they are just killing the bulbs.

Comment

Well the lowbeams stay on with the highbeams in normal operation so a plug and play HID kit should or would be no different I would imagine?!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

oh ok, just never paid attention to them staying on before i guess....makes sense though, just thought they went off

sweet ill get pics tonight and post tomorrow at work, or possibly tonight

Comment

cool. yea def. get some pics up.

I guess it'd be a bad idea to put HIDs in the fogs them, in case you ever have to flash the hi beams for something the fogs would be constantly going on and off.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

where can you get hids???

Comment

where can you get hids???
              Serious? Type HID in the search and you'll find. Also check group buys and you'll get a few ideas.
              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

can't wait to see em

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

ok these things are awesome...no pics yet as my chord is in the car and i have to be at work at 6....i took the pictures in the same spots as the factory bulbs so you should be able to tell the difference real well

Comment

HIDs installed **pics now added**

ok here are some pics of the HIDs installed and shining BRIGHT

this is from about 20 feet back off a school in my town

FACTORY SHOT

HID SHOT

FACTORY SHOT

HID SHOT

FACTORY SHOT

HID SHOT

HERE ARE SOME COMPARISONS

THE PICTURES REALLY DONT DO IT JUSTICE, I GUESS I SHOULD OF ZOOMED IN A LITTLE FURTHER SO YOU COULD TELL BETTER. ILL GET THEM OUTSIDE THE CAR OUT ON THE ROAD TONIGHT OR TOMORROW AND POST THEM

HERE ARE SOME OF THE COLOR

Comment

oooooolala

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics. I do like the color.
                        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

ill get further away from my car later on, so you can really tell the color, took the car shots this morning before coming to work so didnt have time to really get good ones

Comment

Look pretty good.... congrats man!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Hmmm, I've considered HID's for quite a while. The pictures you show aren't really tipping the scale for me though.

I'm sure it looks a lot better in person. It's hard to take pictures at night of light output (Like when Mike #1 put the LED's in his reverse lights).

I guess you're just going to have to drive out to Niagara on the 25th of August to show us all.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X