I just need some opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need some opinions...

Ok, so my birthday was about a month ago, and we had been out of town for a week or so beforehand, therefore I got no birthday presents before I left for a 5-week scholars program on June 18th. For my birthday, I'm getting chrome grills, and possibly some pinstripes. The place my father suggested is in the same city where I'm at for my program and they can do them the day I get out.

Here's the website for the place that would do my pinstripes:
    http://www.taylorshouseofcolor.com/striping1.htm

Oh, my car is a 2005 Sport Red Metallic (kinda reddish-purple, like the metallic red on the Malibus) Sedan.

I'm not so sure I would want ALL of the striping they say that one kit includes (in the paragraph above all the pictures). What do you guys think?
    Go with Taylor's pinstripes
    0%
    Just have "basic" pinstripes put on
    0%
    No pinstripes at all
    0%

I wouldn't do any... I think the car looks better without... mine came with them, and I am thinking of having them removed
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

If you want pinstripes, get the basic plain straight lines... Unless you're a girl, then Taylor's would be fine as well. Personally I wouldn't put eeither on my own car, but there's certainly nothing wrong with pinstripes.

Comment

I do not like pin stripes.. That was the first mod i did to the car (removed factory).. But thats just me.
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I wouldn't do any..

my last car that was like the first thing i did was take off the factory stripes! but to each his own

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Not a big fan of pin stripes at all. :warped:
            SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Again, I'm in the minority here. I think the right pin stipe color can set off a car. Understanding this is a paint stripe and not decals. Works well with a two tone paint job too. I notice that Foose has almost every car pin striped that gets Overhauled. Granted the G6 is not a classic, but it could work. Just another opinion.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

i don't like all the flowery designs and crap people pinstripe on, but a simple stripe can be done well. just gotta get get the right color and the right size for your car.

Comment

like I said above... not a big fan of pin striping... but here is one of the nicest I've seen. Hope it helps.

Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

The way I usually decide things like that is by playing around with pics of my car in photoshop. Just draw a thin line down the side of your car in the color you are thinking about. It won't be perfect, but it sure can give you a good idea as to whether your car will look good with that particular color or not.

I say go for it with the striping, whatever ones you choose. To me, it's important to customize your car, whether a little or a lot, so that people know it's your ride. I don't want to see another car ANYWHERE exactly like mine. I haven't had my 6 long enough to customize it yet, but believe me, I've got a few things in mind already. Good luck!
                    I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

I generally don't like them, but given the right application and design it might look awesome.

Comment

I got to thinking, and I may go for a stripe down the side, some around the handles and a small one around the keyhole on the trunk...Not too much, but enough that it would look uniform...

Comment

I dont like pin striping, I say dont do it, now you can do one of the first G6s with racing stripes might look good!
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I agree, no stripes.
                            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                              I agree, no stripes.
                              Ditto with the rest of the site basically hahaha...
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X