Window Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Chalk

So my friends are definitely idiots, and wrote on my windows with window chalk. This was in subzero temperatures, causing the chalk to freeze on. Well, once I finally got a majority of the chalk off, there is still some on the window that despite numerous washes hasn't come off. There's also little specks of it on the body. What would ya'll suggest for getting the chalk off both the body and window?

Re: Window Chalk

try mineral spirits for the windshield.
    You can use it on the paint as well, just dont let it sit on there for very long

My progression thread
    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Alright, thanks so much. I just ordered tint for my windows, so I figured now would be a good time to get the chalk off. haha!

Comment

I had the same problem... That stuff sticks to everything!!

I traded in the car

On another note, i used brake-wash on the windows as well as a scraper.
        On paint i used bug and tar remover and my finger nail. Man what a PITA!!
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

you could use rum...

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
          PSN: racin247
          Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

I used rain water and Bug and Tar remover to get mine off, I was so pissed when my friends did it my senior year of highschool, they put Go Gators on my back windscreen and I hate the Gators. Sadly it took me close to 3 days to get it off cause of graduation stuff and a lot of people thought I was going to UF and I'm like can't you see the huge actual USF logo right there!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
              I used rain water and Bug and Tar remover to get mine off, I was so happy when my friends did it my senior year of highschool, they put Go Gators on my back windscreen and I LOVE the Gators. i'm so glad it took me close to 3 days to get it off cause of graduation stuff and a lot of people thought I was going to UF and I'm like can't you see the huge actual (Gay) logo right there!

GO GATORS!
              2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
              Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
              Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
              Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
                I used rain water and Bug and Tar remover to get mine off, I was so happy when my friends did it my senior year of highschool, they put Go Gators on my back windscreen and I LOVE the Gators. i'm so glad it took me close to 3 days to get it off cause of graduation stuff and a lot of people thought I was going to UF and I'm like can't you see the huge actual (Gay) logo right there!

GO GATORS!

GO GATORS

AJ
                De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx

GO GATORS!

BOOOOOO GATORS!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!

Comment

as long as you dont like the seminoles were good.

AJ
                    De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                    Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                    Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                    My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
                      as long as you dont like the seminoles were good.

AJ
                      I really don't hate or like them but we are going to crush them next in year football!!

Alright end of off topic, sorry window chalk topic starter guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                        I had the same problem... That stuff sticks to everything!!

I traded in the car

On another note, i used brake-wash on the windows as well as a scraper.
                        On paint i used bug and tar remover and my finger nail. Man what a PITA!!
                        Bug and tar remover is a life saver.

Comment

Incase anyone has a similar problem in the future....hydrogen peroxide worked like magic to remove the window chalk from my windows!

Comment

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

is hydrogen peroxide that stuff in the brown bottle that mommy put on my cuts when i was little?

My progression thread
                              Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                              Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                              In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                              Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                              Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Working...
                              X