g-Force KDWS tires & DOT 5 installed, got car back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g-Force KDWS tires & DOT 5 installed, got car back

My car is now sitting at my mechanics and awaiting DOT 5 break fluid and 235/50/18s BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS "ultra high performance all seasons" to get intalled! The BF Goodriches got at tirerack and on closeout at 86 dollars each (plus shipping 40 dollars for all 4) Looks to be high rated decent tires and MUST be better then my LS2 tires that suck! I am getting all 4 not just the fronts. The DOT 5 break fluid will be silicone based and supose to get an container of it if something happened in an emergancy (thats to answer a few people from my prevous thread).

I work nites for next few nights so unless my parents are nice and go out of there way to pick it up for me and drop it off I wont get the car till friday. I went with the BF Goodriches for 2 reasons, for the money they where on clearance for you cant replace the LS2 for that plus was a decent reviewed tire. 2nd, I have BF Goodriches All terain T/A Ko on my jeep and very happy with them. Every tire I have ever owned from Goodyear sucks. The goodyear integeraties sucked (worse then the LS2 IMO), goodyear LS2 suck, Goodyear eagle RS-A is a decent tire but WAY over priced.

Well with the break fluid "overhall" and better rubber on them should be a decent "handling" experance. Atleast I hope
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: g-Force T/A KDWS tires and DOT 5 installed tommorow!

Since you're having the brake fluid flushed, you should go with braided lines.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
      Since you're having the brake fluid flushed, you should go with braided lines.
      Thanks, good idea. I will look into it!

2013 Mustang GT
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Re: g-Force T/A KDWS tires and DOT 5 installed tom

damn 86 a tire isnt bad at all.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Nice choice of rubber. I think Jordie had those and liked them.

The Goodyear RS-As suck, by the way. Only slightly better than the LS2s.

Comment

I liked them other than the noise they made.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
              That's what I say about my past girlfriends.

Comment

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                4 door mafia
                93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                8000k hid's
                Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                13.207@107.11
                330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

no mickey thompsons?! you do need all season tires, get drag radials! =P

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Nice choice of rubber. I think Jordie had those and liked them.

The Goodyear RS-As suck, by the way. Only slightly better than the LS2s.
                    My parrents Catera they are OK on but its also only 200 HP 4000 lb car too. The GFs Torrent GXP has them and there ok, but will say its AWD and with AWD even shity tires seem good with them.

She blew a tire, the Eagle RS-A when she got hit this summer, that bastard was like 350 dollars installed for one! 235-50-18, luckly the other guys insurance company covered it all.

Originally posted by Blackrider
                    Am glad you liked them, I know how critical you are on stuff so I cant wait to drive it now!
                    I dont know what road noise they will be like, but am sure wont bother me. Am use to being in jeeps with super swamer tires doing 70 down the interstate

2013 Mustang GT
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

i have them and love them...also have dot5 in my car, and works great

the road noise i enjoyed as it was just enough...enjoy dre

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                        i have them and love them...also have dot5 in my car, and works great

the road noise i enjoyed as it was just enough...enjoy dre
                        Another great response! Thanks!

I will admit, even though they are listed as "ultra high performance" all seasons, I was a tad nervous becuase only 86 dollars each (close out). But you guys having them and liked them I know I def made the right choise now

2013 Mustang GT
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

you may have some slight rubbing issues with the tires but nothing to serious. I had thought about going with some 235-45s. What is better about DOT 5 fluid?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

its good to see how people feel about the company i work for i gotta admit a lot of the goodyear tires are way overpriced but the ones i would suggest for anyone to get are the goodyear assurance tripletreds they arent cheap but you def wont be upset with them one bit! once i go through the tires that came stock on my gxp im gonna shell out the cash for set of them just like i had on my grand am gt before
                            2008 G6 GXP Coupe - Street Edition - Midnight Blue Metallic - Black Interior w/ Silver Accents
                            Too many mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237846

Comment

Got the tires on and car back. Dont notice any rubbing or road noise. With those HORRIBLE LS2 tires off, my under 30 MPH steering wheel shimmy is finally gone!!!

Decent traction, of corse cant do a full review it is 27 outside, and no all season is good at that temp. Just to cold out. Tommorow will be 50 and then we will see what they have

The DOT 5 fluid apears to be nice, brake pedal is back. Might just be me, but with the silicon fluid in, the more I ride the breaks to get them hot the harder the pedal gets. Dont know if it is just me or thats part of the property of the silicone fluid.

Overall, am happy! 550 dollars in tires and install with shipping and 120 in fluid flush and DOT 5. And top it off, my wounderfull Girl Friend paid for two of the tires as a V-day gift

2013 Mustang GT
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X