Dead Battery... Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Battery... Already

Well, I have only had my G6 for almost two years (bought it in April 2007) and yesterday, the battery went out on me. I called AAA and had them jump-start it for me at 3 AM. Once they started it up, I haven't had any true problems, but I can tell that the battery is lacking power when there are power surges -- i.e. -- opening the convertible roof and such. I have a feeling that the battery is going out on me.

Can any of you recommend a really good and reliable battery for me? From my experience, most batteries that I see around are fairly okay, but I wanted to see if any of you had a very good experience with one in particular.

Re: Dead Battery... Already

Those GM batteries in the 6ers are horrible! Discussed at great lengths on this forum.
    I replace all my batteries with Interstate Mega-trons and many people like the Optimas.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I went threw this just last week!!!

my batery died on me 4 times in three days!

i took it in to gm and they put a new one in for FREE!!!!

if you are still under the original 3/36,000 then you are gonna get a new batery!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll look into it. Unluckily, this happened to me at 36,889 miles. Just 889 over the 36,000 mile warranty. Go figure.

Comment

optima yellow top

My progression thread
          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

I went through this the other the day also then battery loves dieing out so i just threw it out and picked up a replacement (Optima)
            Current Mods: CAI Short Ram K&N filter-Custom Magnaflow exhaust system- Xenon tails and headlights(Light Blue)-Debadged trunk-4 inch exhaust tip-15% Tint Back
            Future Mods: 18 inch Gtp rims-Vms Tune (Want it BAD!)- Appearance mods

Comment

i agree with bigs optima yellow top.....i had that battery sitting in my basement for over 3 years put it in when my stock battery died and started right up....thats a serious battery

The Official Silver Bullet Of The SWO....WHA WHAT...!

Comment

I'd recommend the NAPA brand LEGEND 75 battery. You can pick it up at napa for like $80.

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/N ... d+75+Month

its got a 75 month warrenty, with 18 months free replacement.

I've had one in my g6 for several months now and I am happy with it, haven't had a problem.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Autozone Duralast Gold batteries.. 3 year free replacement and it comes with a card if your battery is dead they will come out and jump your car for free. Starts up my car with HIDs after work without a problem, especially with the temp being -20.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                  Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Sounds good guys, thank you for all the help and suggestions. So far, after I got it jumped, it never failed since. Nonetheless, the top seems to struggle when I try to open it. Maybe the battery can't maintain the voltage. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                    X