Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone dealt with this stuff? Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone dealt with this stuff? Any good?

I think a little more silver in my interior would good... but I'm figuring this stuff is probably crappy. Has anyone had any experience with it?
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

I'm afraid it will look bad/peel off, etc.

Comment

i've never tried the kits, they seem too cheesy.

Comment

I installed one of these type dash kits in my Maxima about 6 years ago. It was a wood trim kit, and looked ok, and it does not peel off. On some cars the panels are resessed, and they look great. But on the face only stuff that protudes, it does look sort of cheesy. They add about 1/16" of thickness. They also make a molded kit for the center stack on the G6 which might look better than the flat kit, but I've seen they cost about $300.

IMO, I think the G6 interior does not lend itself to these flat kits at all because it's too curvy and none of the areas you apply these parts to are recessed. But if you like the look, go for it.

:smoke:
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

nah, I agree, it probably wouldn't look good... I'm just on the lookout for something to dress my interior up a bit. I guess I could always take out the interior panels and spray them. Not that I haven't done crazier things with cars (my El Camino for example.)

Comment

check out what I did to mine...

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2766
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I'm not too sure about them.. not a big fan of all that flashy stuff

a friend of mine used the carbon fiber styling kit in her tC.. it looks pretty nice, but i'm not too sure about how one would look in our cars. I guess I'd have to see it done to a G6 before I'd make a choice

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

If you do anything like that just paint it instead. I think the interior looks awesome the way it is but it's all about personal taste I guess.

Comment

My friend's Camry CE has it. It looks like a think vinyl decal, and looks gross and misaligned.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

yeah just paint the pieces. you can even paint them to look CF like if that is what you are going for.

Comment

I think it's one of those things where you have to do it perfect for it to look good, so if you decide to get it.. good luck and make sure you do it right and take your time

IMO if you really wanna do somethin, i'd prolly paint it

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

theres another company that makes them where they acctually wrap around the stock pieces and look almost natural... Sure they cost about $250.00 but like the saying goes... you get what you pay for!
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Here's a link to one of the companies that sell the molded kit. This one at least wraps the trim around the front of the center stack, and probably looks pretty good in that area. As for the other areas of the interior, it looks like the same parts you get with the flat kit.

If you do buy one of these kits, I suggest you install only the parts you really like, and if you want to test how you feel about other parts, just tape them in place for a day or two. That way you'll see if it looks good after a few days. The thing with these kits is...once you apply the parts, there is virtually no way to remove them. The adhesive is VERY strong. So be sure you like the parts before you glue them in place!

Comment

thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome... I'll let you know if I decide to do it.

I don't want to go too far with the car, want to keep it classy, ya know?

Comment

I think a full brushed aluminum kit would look sick as hell... they didnt do enough with just the radio controls and window controls IMO!
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X