dash noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash noise

Well, we could be new GTP Coupe owners.............

but........

At first drive on day of delivery we have a "fan with pine needle stuck in it" kind of noise coming from center stack area.

It is NOT the H&AC fan because it does not vary with the speed of the fan.

It continues to run about 8 seconds or so from the time of turning off the engine.

Its very annoying and if this is something these cars all do Im not interested.

Dealers is trying to pass it off as "something the auto climate control does"................................NOT !

This is not a faint sound but a fairly in your ears sound that would need drowning with stereo. Please tell me this is not common with these cars

my 2006 GTP makes no such noise.. it makes no noise at all..

maybe the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on ya.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I've got a 06 GTP as well. I've never had that problem.
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

<---------no funny sounds here. My '06 GTP coupe has been very very good to me
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Same here, not that problem anyway.

Comment

'06 sedan GTP with 6MT and i have no such sound. you need to go back to the dealership, ask for the service manager, and break your foot off in his ass.....and then tell him (don't ask) that he will resolve the problem.

Comment

I've read about the dash noise problem on Edmunds.com. There is a forum there for the G6. Try reading there and see if you can find the posts. You can print those out and take 'em to your dealer.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                '06 sedan GTP with 6MT and i have no such sound. you need to go back to the dealership, ask for the service manager, and break your foot off in his ass.....and then tell him (don't ask) that he will resolve the problem.
                Word.... def word haha!!!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                  I've read about the dash noise problem on Edmunds.com. There is a forum there for the G6. Try reading there and see if you can find the posts. You can print those out and take 'em to your dealer.
                  I just searched the forum and did not find what you were refering to. Im not at all used to that type of forum format. I read through the 7 pages shown but maybe was in the wrong place ? Could you possibly link to area you read of dash noise?

I would like to take a copy of these pages today but for some reason printer is not copying the black print but only the color and photos. Its not a black ink problem either for some reason some programs arent copying black text.

I hate fighting with dealers that insist there isnt a problem and try to shine you on.

Comment

Originally posted by razoredge
                    Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                    I just searched the forum and did not find what you were refering to. Im not at all used to that type of forum format. I read through the 7 pages shown but maybe was in the wrong place ? Could you possibly link to area you read of dash noise?

I would like to take a copy of these pages today but for some reason printer is not copying the black print but only the color and photos. Its not a black ink problem either for some reason some programs arent copying black text.

I hate fighting with dealers that insist there isnt a problem and try to shine you on.
                    Visit Edmunds.com Car Forums to discuss car buying, selling, repairs, maintenance and all things automotive! Search discussions by make, model or topic.

Don't know why it's not working as a link, but copy and paste it in your browser. When you go to Edmunds.com, look for the forums. After you select Pontiac G6, use the search for dash. It works.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X