Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is there ANY solution to a Double Din in a G6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is there ANY solution to a Double Din in a G6?

I REALLY want the Pioneer Avic-D1. Researched all aftermarket radios and this one seems to be one of the best, well in my opinion. I basically just love the Navigation it comes with. Anywho, through all that research I have looed a lot about trying to find a way to put a double din in a g6 to begin with. So far I have found nothing. Does anyone else know how it can be done?
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

You are asking if there is anyway to put in a double din aftermarket radio???? I'm not too sure what you are asking.
    Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
    GT-R Exhaust System
    K&N Typhoon CAB
    EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
    EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

yes a double din in replacement of the stock radio
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

The stock radio is double din. you can pull out the stocker and just replace it, but then you just need to worry about the DIC display thingy. I wouldnt recommend leaving it unplugged. You could always buy that replacement single DIN Display for 200.00 and just find a creative place to install it and probably take it apart. Going to hvae to use some creativity on this one.
        GT-R Exhaust System
        K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Yeah maybe where the little G6 emblem is above the cigarette lighter plug ins. BUT an aftermarket radio wont fit just right where the stock radio is, they are different sizes... well at least Best Buy says they are.

Comment

I haven't heard anything like that. If there is a difference in size.....and its slightly larger than a double din....there is something you can do.....It's called make your own kit of fiberglass. Not too easy and very time consuming, but can be done. I've seen them done before and they can certainly look pretty bad ass. I know a little more about it, if you are interested in that approach, just hit me up.
            GT-R Exhaust System
            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Haha I am certainly not THAT good. By good I mean good enough to create my own fiberglass kit to make a radio fit... but yeah anywho they are different sizes, stock is bigger.

Comment

buy some fiberglass....buy a book, and just play with it. Give you the chance to maybe find a new talent haha. it takes time, but it will give your interior a unique fit that you know other members might not venture out to do.
                GT-R Exhaust System
                K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

I thought a double din opening was universal in size?

Mike
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

lol i might just do that... Is it pretty much just a matter of heating and bending/shaping?

Comment

Fiberglass is more of layer layers....almost like papermache, however you spell that stupid word. once it dries, you sand to shape, and then re-lay more layers until you accomplish the exact shape you want. Then you paint!
                      GT-R Exhaust System
                      K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Sounds interesting... Might be a good project!

Comment

do it up.....take your time, and pics of your progress.
                          GT-R Exhaust System
                          K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

I've always been interested in playing around with fiberglass, but I tend to get messy when I play I would probably be found weeks later glued to the garage floor by resin!
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

haha don't try this at home kids............
                              GT-R Exhaust System
                              K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Working...
                              X