Looking for a new GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new GPS

Hi, I enjoy my 2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible. However I want to install a GPS. I do not want a single or double din since I will lose the cruise and radio controls. What portable GPS do you reconmmend that has bluetooth capability? and that can be routed to your speakers possibly? I'm looking for either one or the other.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Do a search, this has been discussed.... Interfire is our resident expert?

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Re: Looking for a new GPS

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
      Hi, I enjoy my 2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible. However I want to install a GPS. I do not want a single or double din since I will lose the cruise and radio controls. What portable GPS do you reconmmend that has bluetooth capability? and that can be routed to your speakers possibly? I'm looking for either one or the other.
      Tom Tom Has a Decent one? dont know if it have bluetooth though. but i know it can be routed though speakers.

Comment

Yea I know the 700 has bluetooth. I checked it out at Fry's Electronics. I'm just wondering if it can be routed through your speakers?
        2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

The TomTom and other leaders have that capability. What are you trying to play over the speakers?

Comment

The navigation voice instructions.

Comment

How much you want to spend?

Off the top of my head several Garmin units can do that, such as the 2730 but it's fairly expensive for it's worth.

I must ask though, why do you want to do that? It's a nice feature, but you'll pay for it and the built in speakers are actually very nice. My C340 built in speaker is very crisp and loud, I can hear it easily in a convertible at highway speeds. Several of my other units are the same way.

Just a thought, but yeah to answer your question some do like the one mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

Off the top of my head several Garmin units can do that, such as the 2730 but it's fairly expensive for it's worth.

I must ask though, why do you want to do that? It's a nice feature, but you'll pay for it and the built in speakers are actually very nice. My C340 built in speaker is very crisp and loud, I can hear it easily in a convertible at highway speeds. Several of my other units are the same way.

Just a thought, but yeah to answer your question some do like the one mentioned.
                Interfire seems like he knows his shizzznit about GPS, at least from what I've read. Heres a link to another discussion that was in off-topic it had some good discussion about various GPS systems!

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2081
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Hehe, mainly cause I've owned so many of them. I found 2 yesterday that I didn't even know I still had, last I saw them was like 2 years ago lol.

Comment

Maybe the c340 seems right since you've tried it in a convertible. Also can the 2730 sound possibly mute the spekaers when it tries to speak?

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred

Interfire seems like he knows his shizzznit about GPS, at least from what I've read. Heres a link to another discussion that was in off-topic it had some good discussion about various GPS systems!

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2081
                        Can it mute the speakers if its routed through the car while playing music?

Comment

Hehe, mainly cause I've owned so many of them. I found 2 yesterday that I didn't even know I still had, last I saw them was like 2 years ago lol.
                          have u brought ur new one yet ?? always harassing intefire about this so I can get my hands on his c340.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

^^ Well it uses FM to play over the car stereo for voice navigation. Then you can use the device for XM, FM, MP3 and whatnot. So yeah you can have it set to if you need to hear a direction then it will mute, well rather redirect the direction and then resume playback.

^ Hehe, I'm still waiting to get my new Garmin. I ordered it a long time ago, but they had problems with backorder and crap

Comment

Hmmm... Cool! May just get the C series Garmin... Doesn't bite my wallet that much. However bluetooth is important. Can you link a bluetooth headset and to the GPS by bluetooth at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                              X