Sideview Mirror Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sideview Mirror Replacement

Was wondering if anyone had any pointers on how to install a sideview mirror. It seems like the garage shrinks every time I pull in. haha! That being said, I found a place where I can get a sideview mirror for my 2005 G6 for $58 shipped. That beats the $200 it would cost at the dealership. Before I go ahead with ordering it, I was wondering if someone could tell me A) how much skill is needed and B) any pointers on install.

Re: Sideview Mirror Replacement

pretty sure theres a how-to on it here somewhere, might wanna search but if I'm wrong the owners manual should have something, I've seen something on it somewhere lol. I wouldn't think it would be more than un-screwing a few things, detaching a few wires then putting the new one on by reverse.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
      pretty sure theres a how-to on it here somewhere, might wanna search but if I'm wrong the owners manual should have something, I've seen something on it somewhere lol. I wouldn't think it would be more than un-screwing a few things, detaching a few wires then putting the new one on by reverse.
      In a perfect world, you would just be able to remove the little black triangle on the inside of the door, right behind the mirror. remove some screws and your done.

I have never had experience with it tho, but I dont fathom anything getting ruined by removing that plastic piece... try it out

My progression thread
      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Did you break just the glass or the whole mirror? I just had the glass replaced on mine and it cost $28 installed at my local glass dealer.

Comment

its not too difficult. pull of the triangle and depending on coupe or sedan theres wither one or 3 bolts/nuts that come off. the electrical connector is stupidly routed in the door on some of them so you have to pull the door panel to disconect the wires

thats about it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up finding a few youtube videos showing how its done on other vehicles, so I can't imagine the g6 being much different. I just couldn't justify paying $200 for a $50 mirror. Hopefully once its installed, the garage doesn't shrink on me again.

Comment

Working...
            X