UGLY NOISE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGLY NOISE....

I've had two Stage 3 intakes now... Each was installed by somebody different. Both people took the front right wheel off & installed the intake that way... Nobody took the light out... Was this incorrect??

Also - I notice a noise when the nose of the car is down (like backing out of a parking spot, turning left while slowing down)... The intake is kind of loose in there, and I can move the sleeve around with my hand... The noise wasn't there before the intake. Sounds almost like a creaking or as if something is leaning against something else vibrating. Is it possible I'm getting 'tire rub'? How do you tighten the intake to the frame? I thought about using plastic ties, but wouldn't they melt?? Think it would also look tacky...

The noise is really a problem for me. It sounds horrible when backing out. Anybody else had this problem????

They wont melt. Just find what you want to use to use. They will be fine.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Someone did this and it looked great.
      You are an e-pimp.
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Disposablehero - that's hot! Much better than the tacky plastic ties I was thinking of... Where would I find something of that sort? Simple as Autozone or something???

Does anyone know what noise I am referring to???? Has anyone else heard this icky noise???? Is it the intake?????

Comment

When I first put my intake on I heard this creaking noise everytime the car went up and down just a little, like going over little bumps or backing out of the driveway. It turns out the noise was the intake pipe rubbing the inside edge of the hole that it goes through. My solution was to cut a piece of silicon hose in half and tuck it in so it covered the edge. So now the pipe rubs against the rubber hose and it doesn't squeak anymore.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That's precisely what the guy that put this one in said he wanted to do... If he would put the pipe down long enough to finish the task at hand, I would know if that fixes my noise!!! The people I know.... I will probably have to sweet talk someone else into giving it a try. I also want to secure it to the frame like disposable hero did... That's pretty hot.

Thanks for the info... I was starting to worry that maybe it wasn't even a possibility, but maybe there's hope.... Yeah - it sounds almost like old struts or something??? (Probably a bad description...) Basically like a bad suspension on a bumpy road, but not all the time - only when there's a lean to the car turning left and nose-down...

Anybody esle's 'noise' problem similar??

Comment

Also try and get some high temp hose and slice it long ways. You can put this on where the intake goes into the fender. Might take care of some of the noise. Sorry I don't have that pic anymore.
              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

lol you guys, just buy some damn fuel hose or vaccum hose and split it long ways-there is no reason to buy high temp hose or anything special-regular old hose will due.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                  lol you guys, just buy some damn fuel hose or vaccum hose and split it long ways-there is no reason to buy high temp hose or anything special-regular old hose will due.
                  haha.. my thoughts exactly, shit that high temp hose and whatnot is like $2/ft more then normal line HAHAHA!!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'm still trying to find what disposable hero has on his...... WHERE?????

Comment

for your noise issue.... could be your a/c piping (if you didn't re-secure it to something) leaning up against a pulley sometimes.... be sure to check it out.
                      Silver '06 GTP Coupe M6, Doctor Speed Stage 3

Comment

This isn't mine but go to home depot and ask them what section it is in. I have the cold air box. This stuff is common just print a pic if you have any trouble discribing it.
                        You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Working...
                        X