• Show
Clear All

• OEM Strut Spring Compressor

Brand:OEM
    Price: $35 in store, but online it says $50
    Purchased From: Autozone

Installation: Really Simple To Use
    Installation Time: 1 min to set on each spring
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Make sure you have the 2 compressors on opposite sides of each other so the spring compresses evenly.

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: YES

Any Other Comments:
    I had never used a spring compressor before but, i learned how in about 2 min haha. Very easy to figure out and does a hell of a job. To make compressing the spring faster, instead of using a ratchet or a wrench, use an air gun. Remember to alternate from side to side so that you compress the spring evenly.

Flickr-https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_second_helping/

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Re: OEM Strut Spring Compressor

that is awesome and i will definately consider buying these when i go to lower my 6!!
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

OEM is the name of the company??

I need a set to compress the front springs on my GTO.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

yessss doo itttt! they come in handy and i think your better off buying them than renting a compressor.

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Comment

They are OEM brand???

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
            OEM is the name of the company??

I need a set to compress the front springs on my GTO.
            yes yes yes OEM is the name, you can search it on the autozone site

Comment

I will swing by Autozone within the hour.

Im still scared to mess with them damn springs though....

Also I have never busted apart a ball joint before.

I have new polyurethane bushings and new springs to install.
              Ive had them for quite awhile....but was waiting for some help.

Guess I will tackle it alone.

MODS:

Comment

that link may or may not work, cause it autozone asks for your zip code to find products

Comment

I will swing by Autozone within the hour.

Im still scared to mess with them damn springs though....

Also I have never busted apart a ball joint before.

I have new polyurethane bushings and new springs to install.
                  Ive had them for quite awhile....but was waiting for some help.

Guess I will tackle it alone.

i would have someone there with you, esp if its the first time, i was deff glad my friend was there with me to help.

Comment

Yeah....but all my local buddies always have an excuse.

MODS:

Comment

Yeah....but all my local buddies always have an excuse.
                      Lamee sauceee, maybe you need to find some new buddies i mean you could probably do it on your own it just might take longer and it always helps to have a second set of hands around

Comment

my new neighbor built an 8 car garage and he has a few musclecars...
                        I think he may have a lift in there. hard to tell.
                        I would approach him but he lives behind a locked fence.

acreage has its dissadvantages....

MODS:

Comment

You might want to give him a call first.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

damn 8 car garage, thats intense, just wander over the fence and be like umm i thought i dropped something over here..hey is that your garage!

Comment

Its like an 8 foot deer fence. There aint no wandering over there plus he has a
                              nice sized dog that smiles at me when I get close.

Dont know his number. May leave him a note in his mailbox to call me.

nothing says neighbor like "hello & let me use your stuff".

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                              X