Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zMax Microlubricant

Brand: zMax
    Price: ~$20 per bottle (depends on location)
    Purchased From: http://www.zmax.com

Installation: super easy
    Installation Time: minutes

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: yep

Any Other Comments: For a long time I thought this stuff was a crock, until I saw a commercial featuring Carroll Shelby. That made me want to try it. From what they say, zMax is a microlubricant which fills in all the fractures and cracks that oil can't fit into and helps lubricate and protect the metal. I used the kit that comes with the fuel and oil formulas for about $35. I could tell a difference in the smoothness and responsiveness of the engine and transmission in a very short time. I will be using these products again.

My Progression Page: click here

Re: zMax Microlubricant

I saw that exact same commercial, and said what the heck why not? Been using it for over a year now. Great stuff. Good post.
    Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

ive only seen this commercial recently. ill have to give it a try.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

how do you guys know it is working??
        (i see the product performance as 10, and others comments, but how do you actually know? )

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
        PSN: racin247
        Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Feel. No, I don't have numbers if that's what you're looking for. But my engine and transmission feel a whole lot better after using the products, so I know it's the product and not some other random thing.

Comment

ok kool, just wanted to know...

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
            PSN: racin247
            Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
              Feel. No, I don't have numbers if that's what you're looking for. But my engine and transmission feel a whole lot better after using the products, so I know it's the product and not some other random thing.
              How do you add it to our transmission?
              Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage
                Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
                How do you add it to our transmission?
                same way you would add fluid. have to pull the fill plug underneath if your trans does not have a dipstick.

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er
                  (i see the product performance as 10, and others comments, but how do you actually know? )

I saw the add too...
                  I dont belive testimonials....they can be bought....and also I dont belive my "feel of the pants" also
                  that could be more sicological than fact.
                  So, unless you are willing to do a before/after dyno runs I dont belive anything
                  And, with proper oil maintenace schedules, you wont be needing any additeive at all.

Comment

Carol Shelby has been endorsing their products for several years now. Whether that means it's good or he's getting paid well. I don't know.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I would endorse turbonaters if the pay was enough.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                        Originally posted by silverg6er

I saw the add too...
                        I dont belive testimonials....they can be bought....and also I dont belive my "feel of the pants" also
                        that could be more sicological than fact.
                        So, unless you are willing to do a before/after dyno runs I dont belive anything
                        And, with proper oil maintenace schedules, you wont be needing any additeive at all.

Ok He never said you had to buy it. I'm sorry we dont have dyno numbers to prove what we felt, I can't say that it adds horsepower, but there was a noticably smoother feel to the way the engine ran. The point of the product is to basically temperarily heal the imperfections in the engine and transmission. I'm sure the commercials testimonials are exaggerated just like every other product out there, but I noticed some difference. I havent used the transmission one, I've gotten the fuel and oil kit, but I'm happy with it.
                        Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

Weren't they are target of a federal investigation of these additives along with Slick 50 and a few others?
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I drive my car every single day and I know how it drives and feels. I also know when there is a change. Don't believe me? --then try it for yourself or forget that I mentioned it. As creed said, I'm not making you buy it, just informing the members here that I had success with it and I noticed a difference. Some additives do work, and in my opinion, this one does.

Do you like Seafoam? Then you'll like zMax. Both give results you (atleast I) can feel.
                            And that's all I'm going to do to defend the product. If you don't like it, move along.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP

106,000 MILES!
                              There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                              Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Working...
                              X