Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Aftermarket DIC Adapters

Hi, new guy here,

I was wondering if I put the Metra DIC adapter in, w/ an aftermarket stereo, if it would void my GM warranty?

According to Metra--no, and I've tried consulting w/ GM, but haven't gotten any kind of response.

Figured you guys would know the answer to this one.

Thanks

--chef

Gm warranty for what - speakers, amp, electrical system, drivetrain?
    They have to prove that what you did (install aftermarket HU) caused whatever item to fail.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about the warranty, as long as you hook up all the wires correctly (which you'll use a harness anyways) it will be cake!! People used to worry about warranties when they had to splice wires and whatnot, now a days you could put the stock head unit back in for service calls if you need to and nobody would be the wiser!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
        I wouldnt worry about the warranty, as long as you hook up all the wires correctly (which you'll use a harness anyways) it will be cake!! People used to worry about warranties when they had to splice wires and whatnot, now a days you could put the stock head unit back in for service calls if you need to and nobody would be the wiser!
        That was my thoughts on it, too, but my brother was filling my head with "my friend" stories...you've all heard them.

Yeah, I will be using the wiring harness, so no worries there.

Comment

Gm warranty for what - speakers, amp, electrical system, drivetrain?
          They have to prove that what you did (install aftermarket HU) caused whatever item to fail.
          Basically the GM warranty for anything (other than the head unit which would be replaced.)

I'm still in the all inclusive stage, as I'm only at 18k miles.

Thanks

--chef

Comment

I think you will be fine. Like i said, if they can prove that installing the new HU damaged a specific item, they do not have to cover it under warranty and most likely will not. But there are ways around that aswell, like swapping the factory Hu back into the car before taking it in for work. But make sure you cover all your tracks
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I think you will be fine. Like i said, if they can prove that installing the new HU damaged a specific item, they do not have to cover it under warranty and most likely will not. But there are ways around that aswell, like swapping the factory Hu back into the car before taking it in for work. But make sure you cover all your tracks
              Will do.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

i have the metra installed.. and had to have warrenty work done my dash lights went out.. kinda odd i thought.. anyways the light shorted out.. and they didnt say a word about my aftermarket stuff.

Comment

yea but every dealership is different. Have fun arguing with them that they have to prove what you installed didn't cause the failure.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    yea but every dealership is different. Have fun arguing with them that they have to prove what you installed didn't cause the failure.
                    My understanding of the law is that "they" have to prove what you changed caused the failure. Not that "we" have to prove that it did not cause the failure.

Comment

Working...
                    X