attn Texas 6ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn Texas 6ers

Thinking about moving there.. what city would be the best for generally warm year round (not hot or humid), decent price of living, a good range of things to do, and mild crime?

turbo G6
    GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Re: attn Texas 6ers

Im partial to the Suburbs around San Antonio....

Got family in Dallas and Austin....I prefer this area over those.

hot? All Texas is hot.

East Texas is humid....

Course it was 74 degrees yesterday....
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Texas, ay? opcorn:
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

ay? More like YEEEE HHAAAAWWWWWWWW....

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Houston or Austin

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

San Antonio is fairly cheap to live in, and in my opinion, the best part of Texas to live in if you like outdoor-sey stuff. You are not to far from the beach/desert/parks/sport teams. Otherwise, there's not much to do there...

Austin's weird...liberals everywhere It's cost more to live there than most places in Texas, but, it has an art-sey atmosphere along with the outdoor-sey stuff.

Dallas is cheap to live, except restaurants stink and way over priced, and other than that, not much to do here. Dallas does have the *best* public transit system in Texas (the DART), however, it stinks compared to the rest of the nation. Fort Worth has some good stuff...

If you don't like humidity, stay away from the Gulf Coast, Houston & Corpus, and East Texas south of Lufkin.

El Paso has a lot of illegals, which could be a good/bad thing depending on your political point of view.

But, most importantly, watch out that you don't end up in the middle of no-where: Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Abilene, Amarillo (although, as a recruiter once told me, I would be 5 hours from skiing...)

Hope that helps. I moved from Cleveland, Ohio to Houston, and subsequently ended in Dallas, and I love Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by gwiz
              But, most importantly, watch out that you don't end up in the middle of no-where: Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Abilene, Amarillo (although, as a recruiter once told me, I would be 5 hours from skiing...)
              Or huffman, tyler, and conroe. they fail as cities.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
              X